Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 20, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I work for Well pharmacy and we don’t charge x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

I use Pharmacy2U, my doctors send the prescription straight there and it’s posted to me, free of charge, a few days later.
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Thanks all, just wanted to check it was true as you never know these days. I will see if i can organise a different pharmacy- his is Lloyds.or maybe I can pay annual fee on his behalf.
I don’t know if it’s different in each area but Lloyd’s pharmacy here it’s £60 for the year
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The independent pharmacy I work in do not charge for delivery either.

But perhaps people do not know that pharmacies are not paid any money to provide a delivery service. Here, the owner uses a local driver service for deliveries and pays per household delivered to.

During lockdown and shielding our number of deliveries went up six fold. Luckily we had a team of volunteers helping us during the shielding phase.

That has finished now, the volunteers have gone back to their jobs and we now have to take the cost on to provide the same service to those who were sheilding, OR charge, OR tell them to come pick up now. And people have got used to a certain level of service for free.

We have taken the tack that we will provide the service for housebound customers only. We have a number of disappointed customers, but cannot hemorrhage money at the rate required to continue to provide the service.

Managing customer expectations is, as always, key.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s free round here but we have a lot of pharmacies competing for business, so their customer can easily change if one started charging. I do understand the predicament though as it is a cost the pharmacy has to cover.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We use Echo, as far as I know it's still free. I think its connected to Lloyd's.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm in Wales and I've never heard of charging. I always thought it was a competitive thing between Chemists to score business.

How much do they charge?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Could he do a prepaid prescription card so that he doesn’t need to pay each prescription? Or is it just a delivery fee that are trying to do each time?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
I'm in Wales and I've never heard of charging. I always thought it was a competitive thing between Chemists to score business.

How much do they charge?
I live in Wales, so they are free here, he lives in the West Midland so that is why I wanted to check if this was right. It's £5 per delivery , TBH it's not the cost
its the fact they won't let him pay cash on delivery , he is very old fashioned and only has a building society account so no debit card to pay them. Someone here suggested Superdrug so i will find his local branch and phone them. Either that or I will try to get him a pre paid card like we use for holiday sends .
it is just so hard with him being so far away. My Mom normally sorts everything out for him but she has not been well recently and is suffering from anxiety as well so this is too much for her to cope with right now
thanks all
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
I live in Wales, so they are free here, he lives in the West Midland so that is why I wanted to check if this was right. It's £5 per delivery , TBH it's not the cost
its the fact they won't let him pay cash on delivery , he is very old fashioned and only has a building society account so no debit card to pay them. Someone here suggested Superdrug so i will find his local branch and phone them. Either that or I will try to get him a pre paid card like we use for holiday sends .
it is just so hard with him being so far away. My Mom normally sorts everything out for him but she has not been well recently and is suffering from anxiety as well so this is too much for her to cope with right now
thanks all
I hope you can get something sorted out, nothing is easy anymore. I think a fiver is quite steep myself. x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List