Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Oct 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile Life is short - plan and hope

We absolutely love our holidays, we have no children 😢 so for us it's the one thing that keeps us ticking over.

Not even booking Florida for next year as things stand as I think 2022 would be better.

So, I've booked 3 trips to our beloved Lanzarote and 1 Cornwall trip, all are free cancellation.

If we only get 2 of those we will be happy.

This year has been so dreadful for many so let's try and make ourselves a little happiness by planning ahead 🤗

Come on you lovely lot let's hear your future plans 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 2 holidays booked for next year, both in this country. We are looking to go to florida in 4 or 5 years (when the new universal park is finished, hopefully!). Im looking forward to getting away so much, I've missed the sea such alot
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have 2 x Florida trips fully booked and 1 part booked..

Still waiting on flights etc to be released for a 4th one. Also still to decide if we are taking the Granddaughter on that one.

So 4 trips in total but all fully refundable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have 2 x Florida trips fully booked and 1 part booked..

Still waiting on flights etc to be released for a 4th one. Also still to decide if we are taking the Granddaughter on that one.

So 4 trips in total but all fully refundable.
We aren't booking flights Tom because of the uncertainty, we'll just have to hope that there's seats left nearer the time 😕
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As soon as our Florida trip was cancelled for August 2020, we got on a plane to Rhodes and enjoyed a fabulous holiday.

Holding back on booking Florida for next year but will look at holidays in the UK and Europe
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a villa booked for May (booked last July) but I already know we aren’t going next year.
I’m like you, love holiday. Love al the planning etc.
I think best we can hope for is 2022 and in the meantime I’ve booked two uk breaks. Week in Weymouth in July, centre parcs in August.
Just looking at May half term trips now. (When I should be in Orlando)
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We lost two US trips this year, one to the west coast and one road trip to Niagara falls, Washington DC and New York.

So after having a lot of work done on the house we head off tomorrow for two weeks in Devon. One week near Launceston and a visit to the Eden project and a week in Brixham and a trip to the zoo.

Breaking up the drive tomorrow with an overnight in Basingstoke.

Roll on tomorrow!
TractorBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
As soon as our Florida trip was cancelled for August 2020, we got on a plane to Rhodes and enjoyed a fabulous holiday.

Holding back on booking Florida for next year but will look at holidays in the UK and Europe
Unfortunately our 3 this year were cancelled due to us not wanting to wear masks to travel and the quarantine, apart from the usual Florida trip which was lost due to the virus.
But hey-ho and onwards we go 😉
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I have cancelled five holidays over the last six months. My 50th birthday WDW trip in April 2020, Christmas 2020 WDW and my consolation trip to DLP which would have been November 2020.

Since then I have booked and subsequently cancelled two 2021 holidays, one was my “second” 50th birthday trip to LV and the other was a trip to Australia.

I have done loads of alternative plans over the last six months however I have only booked one of them, DLP in February next year, but I have spreadsheet planned quite a few others. I enjoy doing the planning and research.

Yesterday I planned (on paper) a trip to Efteling where we have never been before, I pencilled it in for our anniversary in June. This one I might go ahead and book.

Other trips I have planned on spreadsheet but not intending to book yet are: three options for Orlando next year either April or September at WDW or December with a Universal base. I have also spreadsheet planned trips to LA and Hawaii, Japan incl. Disney Tokyo and two different plans for Australia, one focusing on Queensland and the other focussing on Tasmania.

For this year, we have booked and paid a deposit on a short break in Norfolk in early December and we have booked a Christmas break in the Lake District.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
We lost two US trips this year, one to the west coast and one road trip to Niagara falls, Washington DC and New York.

So after having a lot of work done on the house we head off tomorrow for two weeks in Devon. One week near Launceston and a visit to the Eden project and a week in Brixham and a trip to the zoo.

Breaking up the drive tomorrow with an overnight in Basingstoke.

Roll on tomorrow!
We just had a week in Torquay recently, the best Fish n chips are in Brixham... enjoy 😉