Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Our first trip was in 1996 on the 25th anniversary when the castle was decorated like a giant cake.
We stayed at Knights Inn Maingate motel in Kissimmee. Our booking included breakfast supposedly which was a muffin & carton of orange juice
We then discovered Ponderosa
Booked through Virgin holidays
We still have pictures of the castle decorated like a giant cake for the 25th anniversary, which was the first time we saw it and remember thinking it was not what we expected. When we went back a couple of years later decided we liked it much better without its pink decorations.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
We still have pictures of the castle decorated like a giant cake for the 25th anniversary, which was the first time we saw it and remember thinking it was not what we expected. When we went back a couple of years later decided we liked it much better without its pink decorations.
I have the "castle cake" photos too from on of my trips and I couldn't believe how tacky it was! But it didn't stop me from going back
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in 1991 with DD who was 7. Stayed at the Sheraton Plaza which was in the Florida Mall. Went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM (DD just had to meet the Ninja Turtles). Also did River Country and Typhoon Lagoon. Followed up with a week in Jamaica which was a mistake. A lovely place but security was an issue.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

First trip 1998, Thomson flights, 1000 oaks villa, all Disney parks & universal studios
Been 18 times since!
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

1992 fly drive with Unijet on air Transat via Bangor going and Gander coming back.

Cost £249 for the 2 of us. We stayed in $20 a night hotels on the 192.

We were hooked from the first moment. Driving along felt like we were in a movie and at almost $2 to the pound (this was in May before black Wednesday) everything felt like it was good value.

Mickey's Toontown fair stands out. Loved walking through Minnie's House. Also the animatronics which we'd never come across before.

This is the first year since then that we haven't been to florida

sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Went in 2001 for a one off trip (now up to 30!) with DH and DS
Flew with Airtours from Manchester on a package
We didn't book anything before the trip as we didn't know we needed to.
Bought all our tickets at the Orlando visitor centre and we went to all four parks, both Universal parks and Seaworld.
We had no Disney meals as we didn't know what an ADR was so we ate at quick service and also Friendlies on I Drive.
We visited a couple of shopping malls and also Funspot.
We also did the Pirate night on I Drive.
Still had a great time though and we've returned near enough twice a year since!
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

1983, 22 of us on the end of season football tour. Stayed at Sunny Isles (north of Miami Beach).

One of the most memorable 2 weeks of my life and absolutely no way can the events be told on this forum.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
1983, 22 of us on the end of season football tour. Stayed at Sunny Isles (north of Miami Beach).

One of the most memorable 2 weeks of my life and absolutely no way can the events be told on this forum.
Sounds like a case of what "what goes on in Miami Beach stays in Miami Beach"
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

June/July 2004
Flew with BA
Stayed in Indian Creek
Did Disney and Universal
When with my mum, aunt, cousin and their wife’s and two children
Cousins fell out on the first day!Made for a interesting first week!
Didn’t put me off returning

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

5 months pregnant!
4 of us stayed in an offsite villa
Can't remember who we flew with
Took my cousin to help out as I couldn't do big rides!
Just had a great holiday, savouring everything Disney 💖
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List