Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Booked a solo trip to California! Any advice?...

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

I've finally taken the plunge after debating it for almost a year and booked my first solo trip to California!

I've done Florida twice solo now but this will be all new to me.

I'm so excited but also a little nervous.

Any hints, tips, advice etc would all be greatly appreciated.

I travel 1st December, return flights with Virgin and 7 nights at the Castle Inn and Suites near Disneyland.
So far I only have my 5 day Disneyland hopper ticket.

I'm hoping to get to the Warner Brothers studios, and see Hollywood/LA too.
Can anyone recommend tour companies that offer transportation?
I wont drive.

Also, restaurant recommendations at Disneyland. For anyone who's been, what are your favourites and would they be suitable for a solo diner?

Thanks all.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'd consider splitting the stay between Anaheim and LA .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

HappyHaunt1000 (Brett) did a California trip report which might be useful as they went outside Disney as well. x
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Might be an idea to put a copy of this post on the West Coast planning forum.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Yep, in the 'other planning discussion section'. There are also some good trip reports, including some that mention using public transport in LA.
Defo would help to split your stay between north and south of LA, you have a good hotel for disney but would suggest Burbank or elsewhere for Hollywood and Warner bros.
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My one piece of advice is don't say what a colleague of mine did in a bar in San Francisco.

Bartender asked him if he wanted another drink and he said in a moment I'm just going to pop outside because I could murder a fag.

The bartender and others around us stared in shocked indignation as we realised mistake that can come from being divided by a common language
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As Duchy says you really need to split your stays

Anaheim is not a good base for Hollywood etc . It might only be 35 miles away but it can easily take 2 hrs each way .

5 days is quite a lot for Disneyland .. you can easily do it in 3 days even when busy .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Thanks all so far.
I may not use all 5 days of the Disney ticket but have it there if I need/want it.

So far I have found 3 tours that include transportation to/from Anaheim and LA etc that would get me seeing what I want to see. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that could recommend any.

Split stay isn't an option really.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I wouldn’t split stay as most of LA is a dump, I wouldn’t feel safe on my own would much rather stay put in Anaheim. We did our tour through star line tours did a combo with the stars and homes (we saw David beckham!) and Warner bros. Was well organised etc and they pick up in Anaheim and take you to Hollywood.

Happy planning!
Old 4 Jan 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pennycrayon View Post
I wouldn’t split stay as most of LA is a dump, I wouldn’t feel safe on my own would much rather stay put in Anaheim. We did our tour through star line tours did a combo with the stars and homes (we saw David beckham!) and Warner bros. Was well organised etc and they pick up in Anaheim and take you to Hollywood.

Happy planning!
Thank you. That's one of the companies I've been looking at so nice to hear a good review.