Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
espn1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile Charging to Magic Band

Hi everyone
Can you lovely Dibbers explain how the new charging on magic bands work. I know Disney put a hold on the card but I have heard stories of the hold being continuously used. If someone could help me please. I used the old system last year. Thank you
espn1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We were told they charge $100. Once you have spent that much they will apply another $100 to the room/magic band and continue like that.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
espn1

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
We were told they charge $100. Once you have spent that much they will apply another $100 to the room/magic band and continue like that.
Thanks. So if you clear the balance do they reset the 100 dollar hold
espn1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes that’s what the front desk told me at check in. They don’t charge the card the final amount until the evening before check out so if you want to pay off the balance, make sure you don’t leave it until check out day!

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
espn1

Mobile

Thank you
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Just be aware that current issues, unless they have sorted it, is that it's an additional $100 Hold every time so not just that first initial Hold & whilst that isn't a charge it is also money you can't use. Holds reported to take 5-7 days to "come back"
Day 1 - Hold $100
Day 2 spend $100 - Hold is now $100+$100
Day 3 spend $100- Hold is now $100+$100+$100...
They then charge the card Day 5 & it starts again but in the meantime by the time Day 10 comes you could, in theory, have $800-$1000 unavailable so you should factor that in.
Been a recent thread on it so have a look & get the most up to date info, obviously like everything it's not a system designed for long stays
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is it better not to have a card linked?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Hard to say really, we normally always charge but have been put off with this new system, what Disney say happens & what actually happens are completely different! Some of the problems reported have included - Banks putting a security Hold due to multiple transactions, not so bad at home but a right pain if you are in the USA! For some reason when they take the balance, this isn't at check out as another poster stated, it's every 5 days or when you hit the max allowed,the don't use the Holds so you have to wait for the Holds to be released & get back into your account & it's this delay that is putting me off. we have near enough decided to just use cash & card
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
I”m going back to some cash and loading up my Disney gift card. Still don’t know why Disney changed it, the old system was fine.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Just back and none of the problems stated. $100 dollar hold at checkin. Once I had charged $100 to my room account that was charged to my card and a new $100 dollar hold put on. The day after I left the roughly $10 I had used of that hold was charged and the rest was taken off hold.
dubletrub is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List