Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile Neighbours barking dog help!

Our beighbours have been nightmares for years from being on the street till 3am kicking balls at windows ect now they have got a dog ( well it's the mums dog she appears to have moved back!) Well mums dog!
It's a bog dog and barks ALL DAY no break it's still going now my boy cant sleep its so loud I'm at my white end with it cant even sit in the garden cos it drives me mad I get dogs bark but this is something else!
We complained to the council but I had to fill out some form but nothing has happened! It seemed to stop for a bit but now mums back its started ups they are not approachable at all but I need help
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

What a nightmare for you. I think you need to approach the council again and keep a diary of what is happening. I don't envy you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Don't know what the hell is wrong with people who let their dogs bark all the time.I have 2 of my own but they are not allowed to stand outside and bark, if they are outside having a mooch about and start I call them in straight away... can't stand other peoples dogs doing it so not going to listen to my own!.I have several neighbours who seem to let theirs do it ( all hours )including my nextdoor neighbour and theirs is a beagle so it's some sort of weird howley-bark-type-noise -thing.Think it's more grating as they never tell it to be quiet.As another poster says , keep a log of events and noise and the council can issue a letter,something to do with noise abatement act.

Edited at 11:45 PM.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

I hear them in the garden and not once do the tell it to be quiet and I have a feeling itll be in the garden at 530 am! Dont help that I have a newborn and not getting much sleep anyway but this is a whole other thing and just getting to me now
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Buddog in our tiny street of 6 houses we have 12 dogs from gaint to toy breeds if any of them bark it’s because there is somebody strange in the street or something not right and we are all out to see what’s up,or they get brought in I just have to shout hoi and mine shut up or don’t if if one of the others are barking till I see what’s going on
Can’t stand a barking dog
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I can sympathise. One of our neighbours has a dog that barks all day and they never tell it to stop. To make matters worse, if their dog hears us pottering in the garden it stands at the adjoining fence and barks non-stop (and even tried to get under the fence once!).

We always call our dog away but have now realised the only thing that gets them to call their dog in is allowing ours to bark back. Strangely enough they don't seem to enjoy the sound of our dog barking but they let theirs do it all day! However we don't want our dog barking especially as he only barks back because he gets so distressed. There are a lot of dogs in neighbouring houses and no-one else lets theirs bark all day. I'm actually looking forward to the winter when the annoying dog won't be left out in the garden all day.

If you look online, possibly the local council, there are letters of advice about dog barking and tips on stopping it. Maybe put a copy through their door? I haven't done it myself yet as I wonder if it will just wind them up and make it worse. When people are that selfish and inconsiderate you just never know how they'll react.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Do you have a local dog warden that you could contact for advice?
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

I have this issue too, but what peed me off this morning at 3am! was the dogs were out barking mentally like usually , so I lay awake, tired in a hot bed! 30 mins later they were called in, ahh silence. Which was broken at 6am just as my alarm went off, another30 mins of barking. I think they have at least 3 little dogs, who live in the house unless let out. The girls luckily for them sleep at the front of their house, my bedroom is at the back of mine looking out at the garden. The trees I have let grow do nothing to subdue the noise either. I will ask a dog warden too

Edited at 05:35 PM.
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We have the same issue with a mad woman next door who lets her dogs bark early in the morning and at night, if that's not bad enough she shouts like an old fishwife at the dogs to stop barking, well she just barks their names repeatedly so the dogs have no idea what she actually wants so just keep barking.
We've reported it to the council who do absolutely nothing. Proper pain in the ≈≈≈≈≈!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

I have reported it again but dont hold out much hope of them doing anything