Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dabjam22
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry gents... period proof swimwear for girls

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells period proof swimwear for girls? I can find them for women but not girls. DD is only 10 and has just this week got her first period so will not even consider using tampons but we have booked DC for her birthday next year as a surprise and i just know she will get her period then
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

modibodi.co.uk do a youth age group xxxs Racer back swimsuit
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dabjam22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by storm View Post
modibodi.co.uk do a youth age group xxxs Racer back swimsuit
Fabulous thank you. Must admit was little shocked when I saw the price Got 10% off first order which made it a bit better though
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

You can also get the tablets that delay periods. My friend gets them from the GP for her daughter each time they go on holiday.

But I've heard good things about modibodi too, and is a much more natural approach x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

This is handy - dd12 hasn’t started yet, but she’s had all the signs of puberty for a couple of years now, so I’ll be surprised if she hasn’t started before August. We’re in Florida for three weeks, so dd will most likely need some kind of sanitary protection for swimming at some point and I don’t think she’ll want to use tampons either.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Ouch, just seen the prices - I’m wondering about getting the swimming briefs, then finding a cheap tankini top to match.

Also unsure which size to get - dd12 is 5’6” and slim, currently in age 14-15 clothes, or adult size 8, but she’ll no doubt grow again before August. I’m not sure whether to get her the largest youth size for £25, or whether I need to pay £31 and buy from the adult range.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dabjam22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Ouch, just seen the prices - I’m wondering about getting the swimming briefs, then finding a cheap tankini top to match.

Also unsure which size to get - dd12 is 5’6” and slim, currently in age 14-15 clothes, or adult size 8, but she’ll no doubt grow again before August. I’m not sure whether to get her the largest youth size for £25, or whether I need to pay £31 and buy from the adult range.
If you look at the reviews one gives the measurements of the child and the size that fit them. That’s what I used to order DDs swimsuit. Don’t forget you can get 10% off your first order too
Old 7 Dec 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

I considered these. Liletts do a special teen range of pads, night pads, panty liners and tampons. The tampons are smaller than adult ones because i compared them. I suggested to my dd to try one a few months before and went swimming. She tolerated it for holiday swimming, but prefers the pads for regular use.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dabjam22 View Post
If you look at the reviews one gives the measurements of the child and the size that fit them. That’s what I used to order DDs swimsuit. Don’t forget you can get 10% off your first order too
Which review is it? I read through the reviews for the black bikini bottoms, but didn’t see this one. Am I not looking properly, or is it on another product? Most do seem to say either true to size, or slightly small though, so that’s a handy guide anyway. I’ll probably wait until nearer the time, then measure dd and just go up a size if she’s between sizes.
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
I considered these. Liletts do a special teen range of pads, night pads, panty liners and tampons. The tampons are smaller than adult ones because i compared them. I suggested to my dd to try one a few months before and went swimming. She tolerated it for holiday swimming, but prefers the pads for regular use.
That’s a good point. DD has the Lil-lets starter set (including tampons) ready in her drawer, so she can always give them a go.