Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Aug 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazbjorck
Apprentice Imagineer

Avanti International resort

Hi guys, looking for next year but can anyone tell me, if they've stayed, what the avanti is like?

TIA
1996 Villa, Kissimmee, 2003 Rodeway Inn, I Drive, 2004 Emerald Island Resort, Kissimmee, 2006 Sheraton World resort, I Drive and Tradewinds Island Grand, St. Petes Beach, 2009 Radisson Hotel, Celebration and Tradewinds Sandpiper resort, St. Petes Beach 2011 Cypress pointe, LBV and Hilton Clearwater beach 2012 Hilton Orlando Bonnet creek, RPR, Diamond beach resort, Fort Myers beach2017 Back to the mouse
Gazbjorck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve stayed there as has my sister and her family the year before
Its cheap, basic, the ‘sofa beds’ are not great and unclean
Main parts of hotel are clean but the rooms are not great
You probably won’t want to spend much time there
Pool nice for kids but depending on what time of year you go can get quite noisy on an evening with groups from all over USA
I’d not go back in a hurry to be honest, would rather spend an extra $20 per night for something slightly better

Edited at 06:19 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'd have a look at a video on YouTube. I've never stayed here so unfair of me to give an opinion on it but let's just say I watched a video and removed it from my list.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridian 1949
VIP Dibber

My advise, don’t stay there. When they refurbished it and opened it up as the Avanti resort you could see where the money had been spent. The main reception and the pool.
The rooms were spruced up, but are dirty. We checked in, but after rejecting three rooms because of cleanliness and cockroaches we checked out after one night and found another hotel.
It looks good on the website and you can get cheap deals, but we couldn’t have stayed there for two weeks. It’s a big hotel, maybe too big, we gave them chances to find us a clean room and failed.
floridian 1949 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
derekmac
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed there last June and really enjoyed it, room was clean and we had a great view of the icon eye, staff friendly and pool area great , the onsite pizza;s were lovely, would stay here again.
Avanti Resort June 2019, Calypso cay May 2018, Rosen Inn International Sept 2016, Orlando Gateway June 2013, Quality Inn International Sept 2011, Econo Lodge Sept 2010, All Star Music Oct 2009, Holiday Inn I-Drive June 2008, Doubletree Club LBV Oct 2006, Orlando Grand Plaza I-Drive May 2005, Clarion Universal I-Drive May 2004, Best Western Movie June 1999
derekmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Avanti International Resort

We stayed there a few years ago (and friends did last year).

We all have said we not be back, lovely reception and pool area but that’s about it.

Rooms ok, quite spacious but never felt clean! Maid service was still cleaning at 7pm or 8 at night - not great when you wanted a shower on return from park and could not get into your room. Did keep asking for an early room clean if possible , but never happened.

Also, there is a daily resort fee for WiFi Etc which does add up over a 2 week stay.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gazbjorck
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the reviews guys ❤️👍👍
1996 Villa, Kissimmee, 2003 Rodeway Inn, I Drive, 2004 Emerald Island Resort, Kissimmee, 2006 Sheraton World resort, I Drive and Tradewinds Island Grand, St. Petes Beach, 2009 Radisson Hotel, Celebration and Tradewinds Sandpiper resort, St. Petes Beach 2011 Cypress pointe, LBV and Hilton Clearwater beach 2012 Hilton Orlando Bonnet creek, RPR, Diamond beach resort, Fort Myers beach2017 Back to the mouse
Gazbjorck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Yes I agree with what everyone has said - the pool area is very nice and public areas all look quite modern. Bedrooms also look pretty good in terms of furnishings and decor but the room always felt dirty (especially the floor - I could never walk around barefoot) and the walls were SO thin we could hear every word from our neighbours on both sides. Plus the bed was really uncomfortable (at least for me) though I appreciate we all have different bed preferences.

There is also a daily resort fee (used to be $12 plus tax per night - not sure if it has changed since I went a few years ago) which adds up!

I wouldn't stay there again, although it is in a fantastic location on I Drive within walking distance from loads of bars & restaurants etc
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List