Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Tesla 3

I need a car since DD cleared off with my little car yesterday.
I've looked at a few cars online and I do like the look of the Tesla 3.
The only problem is I know zero about cars and less than zero about electric cars though I do know they need charging.
I'm guessing I would need a charging point at home before purchase. Then there is the problem that the parking for my house is on a layby over a public pavement.
Any advice?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wouldn't give Elon a penny of my cash even if he did make the best car in the world (which he doesn't)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
I need a car since DD cleared off with my little car yesterday.
I've looked at a few cars online and I do like the look of the Tesla 3.
The only problem is I know zero about cars and less than zero about electric cars though I do know they need charging.
I'm guessing I would need a charging point at home before purchase. Then there is the problem that the parking for my house is on a layby over a public pavement.
Any advice?
You would not be allowed to run a cable across a public pavement it's a trip hazard and you'd be hit with a council enforcement notice almost immediately
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. YorkshireT has a Tesla. Give him a shout he will give you the lowdown.

No good asking me I'm a diesel fan.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. YorkshireT has a Tesla. Give him a shout he will give you the lowdown.

No good asking me I'm a diesel fan.
We've always had diesels but thought I should maybe try electric.
Thanks.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
You would not be allowed to run a cable across a public pavement it's a trip hazard and you'd be hit with a council enforcement notice almost immediately
Yes thought that might be a big problem. The local Booths supermarket always has empty recharging bays. Thought about using those.
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the look of a model 3 or an e-golf, but without a proper drive/garage you will probably be unable to charge at home, I don’t know what using the Tesla chargers cost (I know you can look up if you have one nearby) but not quite convenient unless you have a charge point at work?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Can’t help on charging, but they do look very lovely, we’ve seen a few in the last couple of weeks which has surprised us as we live in a fairly remote part of NW Wales x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I have a lease through work that is up next year and due to tax I've decided to go electric next year. I was thinking Kia eniro until I saw the Tesla 3 for not much more. Only thing that worries me is that we live quite a way from a Tesla garage so if things were to go wrong it would be a pain.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Some councils do allow you to run a able across the pavement as long as a cable shield is used.

Tesla Model 3 is the best selling electric car at the moment and is pretty much the best out there.

Much of the warranty work is done by the dealer visiting you at home rather than you going to the dealership.

Teslas come in different models within the range for things like performance and range which can be quite a large price range so you need to understand which is important to you.

Polestar is another make which many won't have heard of but is the electric arm of Volvo.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List