Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney Chairman says changes are here to stay

What are your thoughts on Disney's park reservation system staying around after the pandemic?

Josh D'Amaro indicates in a recent interview that it's here to stay!

See here https://thedibb.com/2020/08/disney-p...sney-chairman/

Edited at 09:17 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney Park Pass reservation system here to stay

Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro was recently interviewed and thinks that it, along with mobile Order, contactless menus, is something that will be around after the pandemic is behind us

Edited at 09:34 AM.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm so glad we've had years and years of Disney at its best, it'll never be the same again for me without being able to spend the day in one park and nip to another at night for fireworks, or just to be able to decide on the day that you're going to head to whichever park. 🤔🙄
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

If having to reserve which park you are going to means an end to park hopping then I can’t see me returning - would totally change the way I enjoy the Disney parks

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I won’t return whilst having to reserve a park months in advance.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I'm ordinarily open to change, and we've only been to WDW once - but I did a lot of planning ahead of our visit, and felt the FP+ system worked very well for us; we were visiting during a very crowded period (March/April) but I genuinely didn't feel it got in our way as we never had to queue for long. We were looking forward to our second spring/easter visit (cancelled due to Covid-19) and I felt confident that, again, that we'd able to make the most of our visit with my FP+ and park hopping plan. I think some of the changes would not work as well for us. I also wonder whether FP+ will reappear at some point in the future as a paid extra.

We're probably going to wait until 2022 to return to WDW anyway. I've watched some Tim Tracker videos from parks last week, and it all seems strangely quiet, lifeless - and a little sad.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

It's so sad that our beloved Orlando holidays have come to this, we would definitely not go with this in place, makes me so sad 😢
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

I'll miss the freedom of park hopping and being able to change plans. I think it will put off people who don't like rigid plans and people who buy longer passes like 14 day etc.

I can cope the reservation system being there to stay but I would like to see no need for masks, the return of character greetings, parades and fireworks before we go next August or we may not go.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a terrible idea although I suspect people will just get used to it like they did fastpass + etc..
I really hope they change it so you can book two parks a day though as I think without that it would be a disastrous decision for them .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Don’t think we will return to Disney anytime soon although all the grandkids are hopefully coming out next year with us so might have too
But we will be looking at a campsite reservation for maybe 5 days max with similar tickets
Certainly going to mean even more planning to the ninth degree which I know some absolutely love but it doesn’t suit us due to family members health issues
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List