Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Body Shop at Home

Has anyone ever done Body Shop at Home (as a seller)? I’ve bought quite a bit recently through someone who does it & have been asked if I’d be interested in doing it myself. I know if I’m recruited by someone, it benefits them too. Just wondered what people’s experiences were & if it was worth giving it a go leading up to Christmas.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I have read various reports about Body Shop at Home and it seems to be a MLM (Multi-level Marketing) company under the Body Shop Brand.

I would look carefully into the set up and think about the run up to Christmas and how the constantly changing restrictions about CV would affect your business.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I have read various reports about Body Shop at Home and it seems to be a MLM (Multi-level Marketing) company under the Body Shop Brand.

I would look carefully into the set up and think about the run up to Christmas and how the constantly changing restrictions about CV would affect your business.
Yes it is MLM, but it is Body Shop products. I’ve bought quite a bit recently & will probably buy gift sets at Christmas. I might as well get some commission back from it! Just can’t make my mind up. I’ve spoken to someone I know who does it (not the person who asked me) & she says you do as few or many hours as you like & don’t have to meet sales targets. However, if you do, you get bonuses. Apart from time & effort, I can’t see what I’ve got to lose, which is why I’m asking if anyone has tried it.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

You'll get 4% cashback by buying through Quidco without the hassle and up front fees. It's not nearly as popular as it was.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think it’s like most MLM and I’ve done a couple in the past, it’s hard to make big returns but if you’re mainly doing to get cheaper products then as long as you check with costs etc you’re still in profit then I can’t see an issue.

My friends started over lockdown and I’m one of her customers, I think she’s finding it quite hard. There seem to be products always going out of stock and I think she has to pay £5.95 postage each order, so with a small order that eats into your profit. Saying that, this is probably a good time to do it as you say leading up to Christmas people can get presents without stepping out of the door!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a friend who has done this for a few years and is now in a position where she earns enough from it that she is part time at her other job and this allows it. I think if you are the right type of person with a good network and engaging style it can work. I wouldn’t consider it an easy option though! I can put her in touch with you if you wanted, sure she’d have a no pressure chat
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your opinions. I’ve been in touch with someone I know who started about a month ago & she was really positive about it. I also asked the lady who first asked me to join loads of questions. I know I wouldn’t make a fortune, just thought it might be a bit of extra money, whilst earning commission on things I’d buy anyway! I’ve decided to leave it for now as I’ve got a lot going on & don’t feel it’s the right time to start something new. I may reconsider when the time’s right.
Old 11 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Coincidentally I was talking to a lady just this afternoon who I had bought body shop stuff from a couple of months ago. She started off really well (managed to get her three month target in the first month), but within six months she has now been blocked from her team as she wasn’t selling enough, and has been told that she needs to sell £300 per month for the next three months otherwise she will be sacked - so far this month she has only raised £80.

Sadly everyone bought from her to help her initially, but most customers were doing her a ‘favour’ rather than necessarily wanting regular orders - so I think I’d go in with my eyes wide open and would need to be confident I had enough contacts with people that would want to buy regularly.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Someone I know does it, she’s always saying on Facebook about how amazingly her team has done (I think she’s recruited quite a few people) and she does well, but another friend of mine tried it 5/6 years ago, didn’t do very well with it, got enough initial sales for a bunch of freebies/cheapies with her friends doing favours, but without a massive network of people she struggles to get further orders.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I did it, albeit many years ago now.

It was good at first, but it turned only a few weeks in. Firstly there was the pressure to sell, sell, sell all the time. My manager would be on at me to book in more parties constantly. Despite being told you could work when you liked, they wanted a set number of parties a week and a set amount of cash a week.

Obviously they can’t put you under any pressure for parties right now due to Covid, that will change once restrictions ease again!

Then there was the state of some of the parties. Not to be rude, but you’re going into strangers homes, and you don’t know who is going to be there. I remember going to host one in the next town over, seemed fine at first, but after an hour they were all plastered and trying to nick my products. They then all started arguing amongst themselves and it got pretty lairy.

I don’t scare easily, but I was completely out off after that, I just didn’t feel safe going into strangers homes, knowing they would be drinking as to them it was an actual party, or a way of getting a free makeover before a night out!

There is a lady comes into my works selling stuff mega cheap. It’s all excess stock or things she has won in promotions, so it’s money straight into her pocket. She’s a large area manager, and despite wanting to buy from her, I’ve had to stop. She literally won’t leave me alone! Every time she knows I’m there, she nags me constantly to sign up to do parties. She also had my phone number, as the items I wasted she didn’t have with her so would call me to deliver when I was on shift. I had to block her as the messages were constant! She was even telling me about her kids, and her son having an accident in school. She sent me pictures and everything! If she’s in now, I avoid the canteen and break room like the plague. I’d rather pay full price in an actual store