Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
1 month hospital stay - what can I give him?

My friends dad is going to have to have a 1 month stay in hospital soon, with no visitors allowed.

I’m not particularly close to my friends dad, but I would like to give him something for his hospital stay. I can only imagine how bored and lonely he will be, but I can’t think of anything I can do for him. They will give him an iPad, crosswords etc. Can you think of anything less obvious? I’m fairly crafty so don’t hold back suggesting something that needs a little crafty magic!

Sorry this is a vague request but I, just drawling a blank on this one.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Jigsaws?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

If he is getting an iPad what about paying for some talking books. My dad is blind and uses talking books all the time. He loves them. You can get them on Audible or Kindle.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Depending on how much you want to spend, if he's taking an iPad etc in, how about a back up battery pack for it?

Alternatively, how about a journal and pens so he can write down what he wants to talk to his family about when they're apart? Or start his first novel?

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If he’s a reader (or as suggested audio books) amazon voucher either for real books or for a kindle app on the tablet.
If you have a spare stream and have Prime or Sky Go or Netflix maybe lend him access to watch ... or if he has stuff like that ,a pair Of comfy headphones .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

A decent set of earphones, there's a lot of noise in hospital even in side rooms so noice cancelling ones would be brilliant.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

An eye mask and earplugs.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

One of those v shaped pillows.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would give him a "nurse bait box". Fill a basket with sweets, The big tins are back in the stores now and add a Nurse Bait poem (you can google them) - i've had a basket each time i've had a long stay in the hospital and it really works - it brings all the nurses, doctors and hard working staff to your bedside for a chat, nothing like a bit of company to fill your time
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I guess depending what he is going in for. If it is something enduring he may not be up to much. A friend of mine is currently in a month today. I got her a beautiful soft blanket off Amazon which is super soft and full of encouraging words.