Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 16, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Fastpasses and Rider switch

Am i right in saying i would work the system to my advantage ?
Theres my wife and i taking our 2 tall children and a baby.
Each allocated 3 FP a day.

If My wife and child 1 both have FP for a ride would we all get through onto the FP que if we asked for rider switch ?
If so, my wife and child1 would do the ride while child2, the baby and i wait. Then when my wife and child1 comes out, they take the baby and child2 and I get into the FP que using the rider switch? or would child1 child2 and I get to use the rider switch ?

If so then instead of getting 3 fastpasses a day, we are effectively getting 6 cause we are taking of the rider switch. Thus child 1 and wife choose 3FP rides and Child2 and I choose 3 other FP rides, but effectively we all get to ride all 6?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

You would all need a fastpass for whatever ride it is but your children (minus baby) could ride with you and then again with your wife, so would get two goes on each ride
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've read guides that agree with what you're saying Monty and that not all members need fastpasses as your rider switch ticket will act as a fastpass for the second group of riders. The guide I've read is from July 2015 so it would be good if anyone had done this more recently. It's 60 days tomorrow for me and I was planning on doing this otherwise it will be no big rides for me without a big queue

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes it's possible. Morally right, no. But possible.

The aim of the rider switch is so that "everyone can enjoy the experience". To my mind that would mean both you and your wife can each ride with both of your two children. IMHO that's the spirit of the rider switch whereas your idea is to "game" the system.
Old 24 Mar 16, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes it is to gain the system. Morally wrong I now but heyho. Don't want to book 3fp for me and child2 only to be told wife can't get on . Gonna book our passes soon so I don't see the problem in asking
Old 24 Mar 16, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I had a dialogue with Disney some months ago when this issue came up here. I'm sure people will continue to game the system and the number of people doing it will grow until they change/remove the rider switch as it is now. Disney offer a system so that families can share the experiences, and the same people want to abuse it...

Why not just push past everyone in the queue? - because that's exactly the same as gaming the rider switch IMHO. One wonders how low some people will actually stoop to get some extra FPs...
Old 24 Mar 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm forking out over nine grand for this holiday. If I can get on rides a better way I will... Your moral high ground is jealousy ... I bet if u could get tickets for free ... You would
Old 24 Mar 16, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Monty_a2 View Post
I'm forking out over nine grand for this holiday. If I can get on rides a better way I will... Your moral high ground is jealousy ... I bet if u could get tickets for free ... You would
Well that's where you're wrong. Last year my DS, 8, had a FP for SM and I walked with him through the queue and then waited at the end of the ride.

At the head of the queue I explained to the CM that I wasn't riding as I didn't have a FP. Her response was "That's OK, you can ride with him if you wish.". I kindly declined; the standby queue was 1 hour and I had already told the CM at the entrance I wasn't riding.

If I wanted more FPs I'd just buy another set of tickets, just like I pay for FOLPs (or hotel) at Universal, FOLP at Busch, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, etc, etc. My son understands that being honest, studying hard and working hard gets you what you want in life. Not bending/breaking the rules.
Old 24 Mar 16, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

boke... I've heard it all now. good luck to u holey one
Old 24 Mar 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Monty_a2 View Post
Ahh the usual old argument, "I've spent a fortune on this holiday so I deserve it". Never mind everybody else that spends a fortune :angry:

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread