Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cara040 View Post
Thanks everyone - I’ve just booked it. Got another £250 off from Tui so very pleased with the price.
Plan is to do Universal & Seaworld +/- DC.
Any recommendations for best place to look out for DC deals? Ultimate ticket for 1/9/20 on Seaworld website with Dophin swim is £203 - previous week £235, can we hope for a better price or is £203 a good one?
Look at direct site for an early bird 2021 offer
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
25 years ago did a California flydrive.
No accommodation booked, just winged it. Stayed in a Charles Bronson style motel in San Fran, drove to LA, San Diego and Vegas. Great holiday. Didn’t have kids then and only just met er indoors.
I would say visiting Florida as a family feels right. I’m not sure I’d have the confidence to take em to other parts of us.
You’d have no bother at all taking them to the west coast someday. You’d just have to plan it rather than wing it lol The natural beauty would probably be missed by very young kids but for teenagers the cities and the beauty of the national parks make a great holiday. NYC is also an incredibly safe city and makes a great family destination. Don’t be afraid to move beyond Florida if/when the time is right.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cara040
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Look at direct site for an early bird 2021 offer
Can’t see that the offer covers this August / Sept. It is literally an early bird offer for 2021!
All Star Movies Oct 2019 Sapphire Falls August 2022 Aventura Booked May 2024
Cara040 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Been a good 5-6 times and not done disney, but always do a character breakfast and then a boat ride and some DTD do I miss it not really to be honest, as there is so much other stuff to do !
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We couldnt go and not do disney but I think it depends on how often you go aswell, its aaaaaages between our visits so we try and do as much as we can, but if we went every couple of years I dont think we would mind as much!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great that you have booked. We are just back from a 6 night onsite universal stay. We could easily have spent longer and we only ventured off site one morning. I would definitely do it again. We didn’t miss Disney and not having Disney takes the stress out it it. No stress over reservations/fast passes/ planning how to attack the parks. We do have a Disney trip either side of this though.

I did a trip report if you are interested.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are not doing it this year just bought tickets for discovery cove, SeaWorld, Aquatica and bush gardens which I have never done. Last vist we did just Disney and was really nice not so much running around this time kids are really into swimming etc so just want to be around pools looking forward to not have to keep to a timetable !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

We haven't been without doing Disney yet but I could quite happily - as others have said there is so much to see and do, we feel that we haven't even scratched the surface and have been fortunate enough to go every year since 2013!

I've got my eye out for a cheeky week at Christmas if I can find a bargain and to keep the costs down I won't be doing Disney... instead we will do those things we never have time for
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have done no Disney before and it was easier than I thought. Last year we did Disney and are meant to be doing it again this year. I’m thinking about skipping Disney this year and getting Universal tickets and with our already purchased SeWorld annual passes, we would have plenty to do. Decisions, decisions.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We have done no Disney before and it was easier than I thought. Last year we did Disney and are meant to be doing it again this year. I’m thinking about skipping Disney this year and getting Universal tickets and with our already purchased SeWorld annual passes, we would have plenty to do. Decisions, decisions.
A nice decision to have to make!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List