Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

Trip around thanksgiving time

Looking for maybe a week for a birthday trip, however my birthday is during the weekend following thanksgiving, just looking for advise about crowds, temp etc. as we have usually travelled in september, also would you go and week before or week after to avoid thanksgiving altogether?
Thank you in advance to anyone who can give a view on this
captjack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went last year 17th November - 1st December, thanksgiving was was the 28th I think.
It was my first time going that time of year and I was nervous about the thanksgiving crowds but honestly it was fine.

Our first week we stayed on site at Disney and the second week the Rosen Inn at Pointe to do Universal/Busch Gardens/shopping.

Disney crowds the first week were no busier than normal. For actual Thanksgiving day we did US/IOA but had express passes as we stayed at Royal Pacific on the Wednesday. The days leading up to it were busier than I've experienced previously - we did Monday & Tuesday without express passes but found it manageable and were still able to do lots..

Weather was lovely, we did Typhoon Lagoon and Volcano Bay and both were so quiet, everything was a walk on. I think the temp was between 22-29 everyday. I'd go again at this time of year
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We flew out on 30th November last year, thanksgiving was Thursday 28th and the crowds were fantastic, really not busy at all, the only thing that caused any crowds the whole time we were there was ROTR opening! Lovely time to go imo.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We flew out on thanksgiving two years ago, having done the same back in 2013. Crowds were busier on the 2018 trip, but still nowhere near peak crowds. It was busier than September though (that’s our usual time to go). HS was consistently the park with the longest queues.

It was also bloody freezing a lot of the time!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the replies, we have been there quite a few times over the labor day weekend and although the parks seem a bit busier it is the malls that are hectic so I was wondering if it was the same even though thanksgiving it a more significant holiday.
captjack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by captjack View Post
Thanks for the replies, we have been there quite a few times over the labor day weekend and although the parks seem a bit busier it is the malls that are hectic so I was wondering if it was the same even though thanksgiving it a more significant holiday.
Indeed Black Friday at the shops gets more hectic the later it gets, but still doable - we get there early to shop (thanks to the jet lag) and then aim to leave before lunch!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List