Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Feb 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

BA drinks service

Any experience of flying BA? Is there a drinks service through out the flight in economy or is it only with your main meal? Thanks
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve always been given a drink just after take/off, a couple with our meal and then they come around a little while afterwards too.
OH tends to go to the galley if he wants anything else. I wouldn’t myself! He has no shame!
We take water onboard with us

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We’ve always been given a drink just after take/off, a couple with our meal and then they come around a little while afterwards too.
OH tends to go to the galley if he wants anything else. I wouldn’t myself! He has no shame!
We take water onboard with us
Good to hear, I thought it was only 1 drink service plus a wine for main meal xxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Good to hear, I thought it was only 1 drink service plus a wine for main meal xxx
Plenty to drink. I’m one who’ll pop to the galley for an extra juice or bottle of wine. They are more than happy to give you pretty much anything you want. I’ve been given multiple bottles to save me going up and down. No complaints here about their service, I’ve always found them pleasant and accommodating.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We flew with BA over Christmas and they came round just after take off with a full bar service and served wine for dinner at the same time. Then tea and coffee after dinner. Water and juice throughout the flight and then tea and coffee with the later meal/snack.

I was surprised at the amount of people that came to the galley for alcoholic drinks whilst I queued for the toilet. I’ve never asked for extra drinks but I noticed that the crew served them to whatever they wanted with a smile, I won’t go thirsty on my next flight!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We always find BA very generous with their drinks

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It’s expected you go to the galley for top ups... no shame is
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post

The drinks service will be pre meal and meal, but I would not hesitate to go to the galley for extra food or drink if I required it. Would not occur to me that there is any shame in doing so.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have to pay for drinks on BA or are they free (even alcoholic drinks)?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Do you have to pay for drinks on BA or are they free (even alcoholic drinks)?
They were still free last Nov when I flew with them.

I also discovered in the galley a tray with small bars of chocolate on for people to help themselves to. Very nice!
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List