Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Any places to search Multi-Centre Holidays?

Are there any other websites similar to BA Holidays where I can search for a multi-centre holiday and choose my own hotels, flights, etc.?

BA Holidays has been well used by me this weekend but would like to compare elsewhere if possible!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
room_512
Excited about Disney

I think most people just do it all seperately?

Find flights using the airline websites or kayak etc.

Use tripadvisor or similar to look for hotels in the area you want.

Then when you've decided, add it all up and book if you like the price :-)

That's how we do it anyway.
room_512 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sky scanner I’m sure has the option to search for the flights at least
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Momondo is quite adaptable.

Expedia too. I fell foul of their T&C's once, so always read all websites t&C's carefully.

And make sure you are comparing apples with apples. The whole pesky baggage and resort fees question...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks, all! None seem to do it quite the way BA Holidays let you do it...I’m finding it cheaper doing it through them than separately booking everything this time round!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Are you looking at usa?

Try looking at priced with and without the internal.flight. I have found it has been cheaper to book the internal flight seperately via jet blue or southwestern as these dont come up.in the BA alliance searches. (Obvs only those that are stand alone flights separated by a day or so from the international leg. Through tickets otherwise).

Worth a go.

Edited at 09:49 PM.
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am very much a multi centre vacationer, having moved into this area via starting with a single location, moving to multi accommodations in the one location, multi locations within the state, multi within the USA and now, multi sun the USA and Canada.

At various times, I have sought comparison with Newells (biggish down our way), but eventually, one of their staff made it very clear that whilst they could plan absolutely anything that I asked them, but that due to time spent researching and other ‘factors’, they would be highly unlikely to come anywhere near a well researched, DIY price. She added that the advantage of working through them was their great experience and knowledge and that this came at a price. I am on my 11th USA vacation in the past 15 years with 4 x European multi s to add to that number. It seemed an appropriate moment to bid goodbye.

It depends what a person views as multi centre out of the above listed alternatives.

It depends on your research abilities and patience.

It depends on your self confidence and also your confidence in the offering company (think Monarch, Old Travel City, Thomas Cook and others).

It depends on whether saving money whilst expending many hours yourself is up your street.

It depends on just how multi centre and obscure your request is. (Newells has no interest at all in Boston, train to NY, plane to Dayton OH, hire car to Cincinnati, plane to Orlando (Ramada, Royal Pacific and Villa), Car hire to Naples and home from Miami).

I do not believe that many if any companies could competitively do the above, but if I counted a multi centre as London- MCO return with nights at Royal Pacific and then a villa, then there would be dozens, such as Bestatravel, Charter etc to choose from.

Bestatravel served me very well once! They beat my best numbers on the vacation in my previous paragraph by £32.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

TUIs website let’s you plan a multi stay (1 week in one hotel and 1 week in another) if that’s of any use.
I’ve used it for two Florida stays, but not sure if it lets you do different locations.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I was pricing up a multi centre (Orlando/NY) for a cousin a few weeks ago and I found that leaving off the internal flight and booking it separately with Jetblue was cheaper than using BA for the internal too. The cheapest was doing everything separately but BA for transatlantic flights and hotels with separate internals wasn’t far behind. Less than £100 more if I recall. The only downside was the rooms were standard rather than being able to customise them by booking through the hotel directly but that’s a small issue really. For California I’ve found it is much cheaper to book hotels myself. If it’s anything more complicated with several car rentals or Amtrak connections definitely DIY but I’m guessing it’s not as you were able to price it with BA. Which destinations were you thinking of? Google flights is always good for a comparison too and Expedia let you bundle flights and hotels, using the .com and paying in dollars has saved me a lot of money in the past although never used it for a package.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never used a particular site to search for multi star holidays. I decided where I want to go and nights in each location, then book whatever flights and hotels are needed.

My next trip is NY and Orlando. I have loads of completely separate bookings. International flights, two hotels in NY, three hotels in Orlando and I haven’t got round to booking the internal flights yet.