Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Barclaycard info...

So I posted my Section 75 dispute paperwork the day after the TC collapse (flights only booking). The transaction turned red on my online statements after a few days.
After seeing that some of you had your refunds - I rang the disputes team this morning to be told that they have not received my paperwork. To say I am furious is an understatement! I have phoned numerous times over the past few weeks and have been unable to get through to anyone from disputes - but their Twitter team have assured me that the dispute is there. Turns out that they have suspended ALL TC transactions for everyone - regardless of whether they're claiming or not. What the?!
So now I'm back to square one...
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would be fuming to say the least. Why couldn't the people that they have answering the phones have access to this information? I hope that they will be able to process your claim quickly as I would assume that most other Thomas Cook claims will have been completed.
anneeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles

The frustrating thing is they won't let me do it online. They just kept saying "Your money is safe' - and told me to resend everything in. Then said 'Call us between 10 & 12 days after sending them to check we've had it' Not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Maybe if they didn't have such a ridiculous Freepost address I could have sent it recorded delivery - but they couldn't even give me a tracking number for it as the address doesn't exist on the PO system apparently. Raaaaahhhh! I really am furious - as if it's not all stressful enough.
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My OH asked me a couple of times if FREE POST BARCLAYCARD DISPUTES was enough. I would send it and ring up at the end of the week, definitely not 10 days or longer.
anneeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

This is worrying! I will phone them I think as I assumed the transaction in red meant my claim was received and being processed.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles

That's what I assumed too. Though I am wondering if they've just lost my paperwork after receiving it, and are just saying that it would be red for all TC transactions? How do they know that I didn't book and pay in April and actually went in May before any of this happened? Surely they can't suspend ALL transactions to TC made by everyone just incase they claim?
I'm now even more furious because I can't get my printer to work
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It would be helpful if they sent a text message to say paperwork received. I know that it would be time consuming to send individual texts, but wonder if the numbers could be logged and texts sent en masse at the end of the day?
Old 12 Oct 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Playing devils advocate and as someone who is also caught up in the TC situation.
They have told you through twitter the dispute is there. I’m assuming they’ve looked at your individual claim to confirm this?
As frustrating as it is, it could well take a few months to get anything back as all providers Ie CC, chargeback and atol are saying the same. Of course some people will be dealt with immediately it’s just where they fall in the process queue.
Of course if you don’t get anything in say a couple of weeks, chase it up. But given we are told up to 60 days before refund is processed I wouldn’t worry til that timeframe is close or passed.
Like you it is added pressure and stress but there are thousands affected and a lot of claims to go through, not to mention I’m sure they’ll have people trying it on so will need to investigate them as well.
Good luck with your claim
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

This is the physical address for head office although I’m not sure where the section 75 department is based. At least you would know it had got to Barclaycard

Barclaycard House
1234 Pavilion Drive
Northampton
NN4 7SG
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

On the phone to them now, heard nothing wanting to check if they’ve received my,paperwork that’s it

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List