Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Dec 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Getting Excited

Mobile

Little gifts and new pjs this year. DVD to watch... old school 😂 and sweets.
Fish fingers and bread butter for tea. Gin for the grown ups and pop for the kid!
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
exactly

my grandson has one. Matching PGs a bedtime story and a mug of hot chocolate

I think it is nice that new generations have new traditions
Exactly how we feel. It’s our family tradition that we have done since George was born so this is his 3rd. He was very exited today to open the treasure chest!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Exactly how we feel. It’s our family tradition that we have done since George was born so this is his 3rd. He was very exited today to open the treasure chest!
my grandson is a George too!

merry xmas
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Seeing my eldest normally typical grumpy teen read his Santa letter with a massive smile on his face made making Christmas Eve boxes all the more worthwhile. I write personalised letters and taylor them to my individual children and mention things I’m proud of that they’ve achieved this year or give them encouragement for things they are struggling with. In addition to their Santa letter I also put pjs in, popcorn, hot chocolate etc. All things they would have anyway on Christmas Eve. I think they’re a great idea. Anything to make the magic of Christmas last whilst they’re still young.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My 4 range in age 18 to 25. No Christmas Eve boxes in their day, but doing them this year. My daughter is a nurse and just waiting on her to finish work to open our boxes.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t have a box but I always wrap up
New pj’s and a movie which we wear and watch whilst eating our Xmas eve cheese and biscuits.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours had the stockings, Santa plate,Santa key, new pjs sweets for kids popcorn for us and hot chocolate ablnd marshmallows. And gingerbread kit.

Always used to do gingerbread men but we knew we’d be too full

And a jigsaw that took 3 hours!
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

my oldest is 34 his first Christmas my mum bought his stocking handed it/to me and said stockings are our tradition now add to it
Born the box
All3 DILs never had stockings they do now and eve boxes are also a thing
I often give a Disney Stocking embroidered with the new baby’s name as a Christing or naming day/gift or a certificate to say it will be delivered Christmas week as Georgia’s was this week to match big brothers Huck and Finn stockings
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

I love them...been doing them for a few years now for Dgds Dh and Ds.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List