Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 24 Jan 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Is there any outlets near Clearwater ?

Hi

We’re staying at Indian Rocks and was wondering if there’s any outlets nearby. We’re staying at RPR for 2 nights so would rather do shopping before or after our stay there.
Thanks 😊
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

There are Premium Outlets at both Ellenton & Tampa; in opposite directions from Indian Rocks; around 1-1.5 hours to each.
Great drive over the Skyway to Ellenton.
Tampa is newer & always seems less crowded.
If you like Nordstrom Rack, there is one in Clearwater at the Countryside Mall.

Edited at 09:00 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We went Ellenton, but frankly thought they were a bit rubbish. I know it’s a personal thing, but there just didn’t seem to be very much there and it was so empty.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

When we go to Sand Key we always go to both Ellenton and Tampa Outlets.

Like all outlets it's the luck of the draw on the day and over the years I have come back with a full boot and other times next to nothing. Having said that the same has happened to me at the Premium Outlets in Orlando and here in the UK!

The drive over the Skyway Bridge to Ellenton is great though!

The mall in Clearwater is again somewhere we always visit - watch out for discount days for Macy's - often on a Saturday when everything is reduced by a percentage. Last time we went there was a 25% off Saturday plus the 10% visitor discount - found some bargains!

Happy shopping!

PS Don't forge to get the VIP Club discounts for Ellenton/ Tampa as they are both Premium Outlet malls

Edited at 02:20 PM.
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
When we go to Sand Key we always go to both Ellenton and Tampa Outlets.

Like all outlets it's the luck of the draw on the day and over the years I have come back with a full boot and other times next to nothing. Having said that the same has happened to me at the Premium Outlets in Orlando and here in the UK!

The drive over the Skyway Bridge to Ellenton is great though!

The mall in Clearwater is again somewhere we always visit - watch out for discount days for Macy's - often on a Saturday when everything is reduced by a percentage. Last time we went there was a 25% off Saturday plus the 10% visitor discount - found some bargains!

Happy shopping!

PS Don't forge to get the VIP Club discounts for Ellenton/ Tampa as they are both Premium Outlet malls
What is the name of the mall at Clearwater?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
This is the one we liked:

westfield/countryside

Most bizarrely the first time we visited it was covered in adverts of Fergie (Sarah Ferguson) who was the mall’s ambassador. Felt very odd to us
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Stayed at Indian Shores over Christmas, and visited ellenton outlets, we thought it was rubbish, it all seemed over priced.
There’s loads of “normal “ shops around the area, which we found better bargains.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Stayed at Indian Shores over Christmas, and visited ellenton outlets, we thought it was rubbish, it all seemed over priced.
There’s loads of “normal “ shops around the area, which we found better bargains.
Snap; had our usual Christmas stay at Indian Shores too!

We have found far better bargains & quality at regular stores compared to outlets for a few years now.

In some outlet stores, the poor quality of the stock is now apparent; far better to get the real thing at the regular stores who invariably have sale/clearance racks with fantastic bargains.

We still visit outlets & as long as you know & remember that their stock is made for them with poorer materials, stitching, quality checks etc & take that into account, it’s fine.

With the current exchange rate, I’ve spotted the same items in UK & US outlets; UK prices are cheaper.

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Westfield - westfield/countryside

Haven't been myself but the International Mall in Tampa is supposed to be very nice - higher end I think - shopinternationalplaza/
Also the Westshore Plaza whic is the other side of the road to the International Plaza - westshoreplaza/

I am going in April/May so this time I am going to these as well!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
Westfield - westfield/countryside

Haven't been myself but the International Mall in Tampa is supposed to be very nice - higher end I think - shopinternationalplaza/
Also the Westshore Plaza whic is the other side of the road to the International Plaza - westshoreplaza/

I am going in April/May so this time I am going to these as well!
Westshore is not a patch on what it was a few years ago; many of the main brands pulled out of there with International Plaza so near.
Same as Clearwater Countryside & Tyrone Sq in St Petersburg; many of the main brands pulled out of them as well.
But if you’re in the area anyway, worth a look to see what you think.

Edited at 08:57 PM.