Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Feb 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Longer you are DVC, the more relaxed you become.

Have you noticed, and many have been members for much longer than me, how more relaxing WDW trips become over the years, until it gets to a point where you really don’t care about ADRs etc much anymore?

Just suddenly thought yesterday- I’ve gone past the ADR date. So what? There was a time I’d be on as soon as it opened to secure the supposed must do reservations.

Now the only restaurants I’ve really got any interest in paying cash for are Wave (that’s now a must do and there’s no struggle to get in there), Nine Dragons (my son’s favourite restaurant anywhere on the back of the honey chicken being his favourite all time meal- and in fact we all love it and it’s great bang for the buck) and Yak and Yeti (we like Asian food and never had a bad meal there, and again it’s not ridiculously priced).

I just think even if I don’t get these, so what?

Same with fast passes really.

I suppose we are all very lucky to be regular visitors and familiarity breeds contempt for planning?

I suspect I’m not the only one on here who has experienced the same?
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. This is us!
OK we hammer the FP availability bang on the 60 days but that’s mainly to get FOP. The rest of the rides are good but I’m not having a hissy fit if I can’t get Slinky!

ADRs. Mmmm. The Wave we go to a lot. The rest of the places we are ambivalent about. We no longer dine at Signature places for two reasons
1.The food is very poor value for the price
2. I refuse to contribute towards a server earning over $100k per annum.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Us exactly.
Have to be said that although we don't do Signatures we are sad about it.
Looking forward to Yachtsman and or Shulas was a highlight.
Just book and go, no panics, worries etc.
Perfect.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If we do one ADR it’s rare. I booked a few last minute ones while we were out there.

I do book some ‘must do ‘ fastpasses but we chop and change then quite a lot.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Definitely. I even forgot our FP Window for this trip by 3 days, although we end up cancelling most of them anyway as I'm still a fan of waking up and seeing what we feel like on the day, I really don't like all this enforced forward planning.

I think that's half the problem, I look back on our old trips prior to DDP - when dining on site was good value & walk ins and you got your fast passes from the ride - with rose coloured glasses so there's definitely an element of grumpy old timer with me I'm afraid.

I'm happy popping in and out of parks for a few hours and enjoy the atmosphere, it doesn't bother me if I don't get specific things done, I'm just happy being there.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yes, me too.

I do book some FPs before going but they're often changed the night before or even on the day as I'm happy to change things up depending on how I feel (or even the weather forecast).

Don't have many TS meals these days so ADRs don't stress me out either.

I really enjoy the freedom to do just as I please and come and go to the parks whenever I feel like it without the worry of all those pre-booked events.

It's probably not confined to DVC though. I expect most regulars like villa owners will be the same.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we now always go with the flow. wander over to disney springs to eat a couple of times but much nicer restaurants outwith disney

keep trying to get mrtomorrow to seasons52

we still do FP'S but now like to wander about

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Agree with Bev it is rare to have more than 1 ADR booked and now I have a landry card for Yak and Yeti I don't book anything.

On FP I always book with my 60 day advantage but no plan is set in stone.

Despite being relaxed it isn't predictable we do different things enjoy different parks more or less depending on trips and despite the penny pinching of Disney to date I have never had a bad holiday (excluding 2017 but that was due to illness and subsequent death of family member).
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Definitely. I even forgot our FP Window for this trip by 3 days, although we end up cancelling most of them anyway as I'm still a fan of waking up and seeing what we feel like on the day, I really don't like all this enforced forward planning.

I think that's half the problem, I look back on our old trips prior to DDP - when dining on site was good value & walk ins and you got your fast passes from the ride - with rose coloured glasses so there's definitely an element of grumpy old timer with me I'm afraid.

I'm happy popping in and out of parks for a few hours and enjoy the atmosphere, it doesn't bother me if I don't get specific things done, I'm just happy being there.
They were definitely the good old days.
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
Agree with Bev it is rare to have more than 1 ADR booked and now I have a landry card for Yak and Yeti I don't book anything.

On FP I always book with my 60 day advantage but no plan is set in stone.

Despite being relaxed it isn't predictable we do different things enjoy different parks more or less depending on trips and despite the penny pinching of Disney to date I have never had a bad holiday (excluding 2017 but that was due to illness and subsequent death of family member).
You reminded me- why the hell have I booked Yak and Yeti, I also have the Landry card. Will cancel that one !