Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 10 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
juniperbush123
Gone all Goofy

Rocket Launch

Thinking about things to do away from the parks and something we have never done before is to go and watch a rocket launch from KSC. I don’t really want to go into KSC, we did that on a previous trip, but go somewhere near just to watch. Given that launches are often postponed at the last moment I’m thinking of going to the Atlantic coast for the day anyway so I’m after any recommendations as to where to go. Is there much going on around the Cocoa Beach area for example? Also are there any iPhone apps or websites that are best for launch information? Thanks
juniperbush123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
blacklist
Earning More Ears

We had a couple of days in Cocoa Beach in 2016 and watched a rocket launch from the pier there. Even though it's a bit of a distance away watching the rocket lift off was still amazing.
blacklist is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshsaint
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Space launch schedule is good for any info on up and coming launches (I've got Samsung so its android but dont know if it's on apple store)
Welshsaint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
juniperbush123
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Welshsaint View Post
Space launch schedule is good for any info on up and coming launches (I've got Samsung so its android but dont know if it's on apple store)
Yes, it’s on iOS and I’ve downloaded it now, thanks. Looks like the kind of thing I was after 👍
juniperbush123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Space park is fab and free and a old guy comes with a radio streaming the count down.
Tutisville
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We watched a shuttle lift off from Cocoa beach and there is a pier with food and drinks so not a bad place to watch a rocket launch
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List