Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would book a hotel too! It makes your holiday start a day earlier in my opinion! But if the price was crazy high then I would suck it up!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pastylad View Post
i would book a hotel the night before, i dont think i would fancy getting up at that time unless the hotel saving was more than £100.
Unfortunately the two hotels I could use to get to and from South Terminal are both over £100
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
I never chance driving to the airport the morning of a flight, too many things could go wrong! We booked a hotel at Gatwick using Tesco vouchers, do you have any to use up?
No unfortunately! I shop at Aldi so I can afford to go every year
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
eckmcg
Earning More Ears

We always go down the day before, have you tried a hotel at the north terminal its only a short monorail journey, we have stayed in the Hampton before, also the BLOC hotel is quite cheap
eckmcg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you tried the Travelodge? It is off the airport but very close and they run a regular shuttle service. Assume you have also checked prices at the Yotel? What about a guest house nearby?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Wow what BA flight leaves at 3.30am surely not to USA? Bearing in mind that you need to be at the airport quite sometime before the flight leaves I would be inclined to arrive at the airport late at night and find a comfortable seat and settle down for a couple of hours kip.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Wow what BA flight leaves at 3.30am surely not to USA? Bearing in mind that you need to be at the airport quite sometime before the flight leaves I would be inclined to arrive at the airport late at night and find a comfortable seat and settle down for a couple of hours kip.
I think perhaps you have read that wrong
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Unfortunately the two hotels I could use to get to and from South Terminal are both over £100
Is there anything cheaper at the North Terminal. There is a Premier Inn right across the road. It is so easy to get between terminals on the train.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I think you’d better read the OPs post again. The times are for leaving the OPs home

Mind you I read it like you did first time
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

The guesthouse I mentioned does single rooms for £60 including breakfast. They will even drop you at the airport for free after 7am. And they have very reasonable parking rates too.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List