Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Bay lake tower would be our preferred and when a dibber kindly checked it was there
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If your kids are young, you won't spend anywhere near $1000. on food in three days. We've done 4 adults (all over 25) and an infant and spent no where near that much. Plus if you are at the end of a 10-13 day vacation, you may find you are not that interested in eating.

If you are worried about the "pre-paid" aspect of it, put the money on a prepaid VISA and spend the excess on other things.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Just looked at your dates. My guess is the majority of Americans (I am one and seldom book a Florida vacation more than 60-90 days out)have not yet booked so there is availability just not for the UK offers. Call Disney US and ask about room availability and you may well get a room the POFQ (often not included in US specials). If you have to change resorts it's easy. Your first day you will have the DDP until midnight do you have less food to pay for.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Just looked at your dates. My guess is the majority of Americans (I am one and seldom book a Florida vacation more than 60-90 days out)have not yet booked so there is availability just not for the UK offers. Call Disney US and ask about room availability and you may well get a room the POFQ (often not included in US specials). If you have to change resorts it's easy. Your first day you will have the DDP until midnight do you have less food to pay for.
You are right the us site does have pofq but for the same price I could rent dvc and try bay lake tower which appeals with location to mk
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My kids are similar ages to yours. We spend about $80 on table service (not character) and $30 on quick service. I would be surprised if you spent $400 on food over 3 days.

We have done several split stays with kids and it's really not a problem. Last time we used bell services to move our luggage and just went out to a park as normal. I'll be doing that again next time because it was so easy. They even took stuff out of the fridge and kept it cold.

I would strongly recommend trying to get a DVC booking asap if you do want to go down that route. You're almost at 7 months which means availability for more popular rooms might disappear.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

If you opt for renting DVC points then you would also have the option of buying the Dining plan for the duration of your DVC stay.
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I enjoyed the Yacht Club and I have a couple of nights at the Beach Club coming up. But you were obviously happy with POFQ, so I think spending £3700 to essentially avoid a change in hotel and keep the dining plan for three more nights is madness. It is no big deal to move hotel for three nights, you ring bell services and they move the bags for you. You go straight to the park as you would on any other day but then take a different bus back to your new hotel.

The CM that advised you on best way to get to Magic Kingdom from BC needs to study the transport options a bit better. Their way you would have to walk to Epcot, clear bag check, enter Epcot, walk all the way through Epcot, exit Epcot and take two monorails. Or you could leave the hotel and hop onto a bus.

Edited at 05:19 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I think we are heading down the route of renting dvc. Bay lake tower is free at the moment and would be great to be so close to magic kingdom. Are there any downsides to renting?
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Bay Lake Tower is lovely and so close to MK. The biggest difference renting dvc is that you won’t get housekeeping in your three night stay - I think just clean towels/trash emptying, that sort of thing. You’ll be making your own beds, which isn’t the end of the world. Most dvc studios are one bed/one sofa or Murphy bed rather than two beds. Of the places we’ve stayed, BLT pool was our least favourite - as I recall it’s a bit shaded later in the day but that could be a bonus, depends on how you look at it. Personally I think that your choice of resort should align with your plans for those days. If it’s MK/Epcot then BLT is perfect. We stayed for the convenience of attending a Halloween party one year. Personally I wouldn’t rate BLT as much if you’re looking for a few days pool/resort time - then I’d look at dvc for BC/AKL. That’s just my view though and I’m sure others will have a different perspective. Maybe you could also look into renting dvc at the Poly, convenient for MK and lovely resort feel too.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Not really The rooms at bay lake aren’t very big but for 3 nights they are fine. The location is great. You won’t get housekeeping for 3 nights.

I’d recommend getting the boat to fort wilderness and going to chip n dales camp fire. It’s free apart from £10 for the s’mores and something really different. And it’s exciting to get the boat from your resort over there.

I wouldn’t worry about the ddp. By the last three days you will have bags full of snacks and will be ready to eat like a normal person.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List