Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jeffercake
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Copper creek studios

We are staying at copper creek for the first time in may. I'd like a studio not on the ground floor (where I believe the majority are located).

Can anyone recommend a room and how would I make the request?

Also, it is my daughter's birthday while we are there and I'd like to surprise her with something in our room. Suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks
Jeffercake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Have you booked one with Tub or shower?
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeffercake

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Have you booked one with Tub or shower?
Shower I think. Does this make a difference?
Jeffercake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jeffercake View Post
Shower I think. Does this make a difference?
Big difference. With tub you are very likely to be on Floor 1. These are the ones that open onto the pathway outside and are below lobby level. The only chance you have of getting one of the coveted "Alternate studios' (which are basically like mini 1 beds in the corner with the bedroom and lounge in separate rooms.) is also if you book one with a tub.

"Deluxe Studio" (with tub)
Floor 1: 1 Dedicated Alternate Studio, 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio, 28 Dedicated Studios, 1 Lockoff Studio
Floor 2-7: 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio per Floor
Total Rooms: 37 Studios (29 Dedicated, 8 Lockoff)

If you have one with Walkin Shower, you will not be on the bottom ones with the pathway outside, as there are not any. You also have no chance of getting the alternate studio. You will be on floor 2 to 7- the numbers are below. Floor 2 is the same level as the lobby.

"Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower"
Floor 1: 0
Floor 2: 4 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 3: 5 Lockoff, 2 Dedicated
Floor 4: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 5: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 6: 5 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 7: 2 Lockoff, 1 Dedicated
Total Rooms: 41 Studios (13 Dedicated, 28 Lockoff)

So when you say ground floor you need to think if you want to avoid the rooms on the floor that is really the ground (which you will automatically anyway if you have it with a shower) or the lobby level. If you mean the lobby level, you need to request floors 3 up.
Personally I really like the rooms that are on floor 1 as many look onto a quiet pathway and trees and it seems quite nice. I am asking for an alternate studio though, as I have the tub room booked, but doubt I will get it.

If you do have the room with shower and do not mind being on lobby, you have no worries. Otherwise just request high floor- do not start trying to select individual rooms- I believe all views are pretty decent.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeffercake

Mobile

Amazing thank you!
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
2 years ago we had 5111 which was a shower lock off. Great view of the pool and fireworks at night.

Last year we had floor 6 (6123 again shower lock off) and although our balcony was huge (bigger than the floors below) when you sat down all you could see was the sky! Good view of fireworks again.

Edited at 06:25 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We were on the ground floor (with a patio rather than a balcony). It was very convenient for getting out and about. I also requested an alternate studio but I think it’s like a lottery win if you manage to get one.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We were on the ground floor (with a patio rather than a balcony). It was very convenient for getting out and about. I also requested an alternate studio but I think it’s like a lottery win if you manage to get one.
I am hoping for the win Bev, but am not expecting it...

Alternate studio for anyone who has not seen one- this is why I went with tub to have a chance...

Edited at 06:40 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
2 years ago we had 5111 which was a shower lock off. Great view of the pool and fireworks at night.

Last year we had floor 6 (6123 again shower lock off) and although our balcony was huge (bigger than the floors below) when you sat down all you could see was the sky! Good view of fireworks again.
Floor six disappoints a lot of people due to the closed in balconies on that floor.
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jeffercake View Post
We are staying at copper creek for the first time in may. I'd like a studio not on the ground floor (where I believe the majority are located).

Can anyone recommend a room and how would I make the request?

Also, it is my daughter's birthday while we are there and I'd like to surprise her with something in our room. Suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks
Good luck getting what you want, we've only stayed there twice, had a 1 bed in April with an amazing firework / geyser view on the 5th floor, I made the request via live chat on the website. In December we had a studio but didn't bother making a request as I'd accepted the likelihood of being on the ground floor and really wasn't concerned.

We actually really enjoyed the position, we were facing the quiet pool (but shielded from it), & had a patio. It was really convenient for popping over to Geyser point through the patio for drinks & refills.

For gifts etc. I use Kelly's PDS on Facebook, used her for many years to send gift baskets to friends / people renting my points and can thoroughly recommend her.

Enjoy, it's a stunning resort. We're off to The Poly on Saturday and despite having wanted to stay there for years I've surprised myself by feeling a little disappointed as I keep picturing us at CCV when I think about the holiday!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List