Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Birthday mentioned on invoice

Our Disney invoice states "Ethans birthday celebrations! " (my son will be 15 whilst there). Has anyone recieved any birthday treats/upgrades when this is on their invoice? Would be great if so but not holding out 👍x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
In my experience if you are wearing a celebration badge available from your resort reception or guest services in the park you will get lots of friendly happy birthday greetings as you wander about which a 15 year old may or may not enjoy :-) It is also quite common to be given a celebratory cupcake in a TS restaurant. Apart from that, 'pixie dust' is highly unpredictable. Our best example in eleven visits involved booking in to AKL on rented DVC points for one night , when asked if we were celebrating anything I replied, 'sadly no we are rather stressed out because DD has A level results tomorrow'. When the two of us got to the room we had been upgraded to a one bedroom villa :-) I think it was only possible because it was a single night stay but it cheered us up considerably!
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yep there is no way he will wear a badge 🤣🤣 x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Yep there is no way he will wear a badge 🤣🤣 x x
I suspected as much :-) DD would have been the same at that age.Hope he has a good birthday.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
I suspected as much :-) DD would have been the same at that age.Hope he has a good birthday.
Thank you! X x
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you ask for it to be noted on your reservation when you make an ADR, you may find he gets a free cupcake or something similar.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve had various birthdays on our invoice which haven’t been acknowledged at check in so I wouldn’t expect anything (we didn’t).

They acknowledge it at adr’s though.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

We went to celebrate our Golden Wedding. In AKL where we stayed, they sent us a lovely plate with a few chocolate strawberries on.
Boma gave us a glass of champagne but nothing else in the parks apart from well wishes.
How many people celebrate something while there, so we really didn’t expect anything

Edited at 07:07 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

To be honest he would prefer us to not make a deal of it so I wont be mentioning it while we we're there, just thought it was amusing how it says it on the invoice. Completely understand how many people are celebrating there and wouldn't expect anything I was just wondering x x
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

We had quite a few things, we had balloons and a card signed by mickey placed in our room.

Several cupcakes, cookies, a free mocktail, a free apple strudel and a free souvenir cup.

We weren't expecting anything but it was lovely
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List