Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Best Manchester Airport hotel for access to the train station

We're hoping to go down on the train the day before we fly from Manchester purely because I don't want that god awful 1.5/2 hour drive back home when we get home - I'd rather be on a train.

So my question is: which hotel is best to stay in for easy access to the airport/airport train station without a car?
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Radisson blu or the clayton
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We use all the cheaper hotels on Runger Lane, just grab a taxi outside the airport, cost me just over £8 for a black cab to the hotel
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
We use all the cheaper hotels on Runger Lane, just grab a taxi outside the airport, cost me just over £8 for a black cab to the hotel
I’ve just seen a cheapish travel lodge on that road

2 taxis will be £16 so I’ll just make sure that doesn’t outweigh any savings on the hotel
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Whats the matter with travelodge ? I have stayed in all sorts of hotels, they all do the same thing, roof over your head for a period of time at a cost applicable to the type of hotel. Travelodge does exactly what it says on the tin at a cost applicable to the quality of the accommodation, which I personally think is quite decent. Im sure you have offended a number of dibbers with your snobby comment.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Premier inn in heald green is right next to the train station, 1 stop to the airport
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gforce_iom View Post
Each to their own... but the last time I stayed at a travelodge near Man Airport it was nothing short of a PITHOLE... dirty, hairs in sink/bath, breakfast simply awfull, as I say... each to their own...

... to me £000s on a Florida holiday and skimping on one night for a few quid... words and figures differ!

No snob here...but give me a Premier Inn over Travelodge any day.
I’m inclined to agree; I do prefer premier inn.

BUT on the cost front, if I can make marginal gains with things like airport hotels then it all helps towards spends when we’re there. Although looking at the Travelodge on that road the other poster mentioned it doesn’t look like an appetising area - more like a run down block of flats
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Premier inn in heald green is right next to the train station, 1 stop to the airport
This sounds promising! I don’t mind hopping back on a train the next morning
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
This sounds promising! I don’t mind hopping back on a train the next morning
Probably would be less than £10 in a taxi as it's literally round the corner from the airport!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
I’m inclined to agree; I do prefer premier inn.

BUT on the cost front, if I can make marginal gains with things like airport hotels then it all helps towards spends when we’re there. Although looking at the Travelodge on that road the other poster mentioned it doesn’t look like an appetising area - more like a run down block of flats
If it was me, there isn’t a Travelodge on Runger Lane, it’s both of the Premier Inns (North and South) and a Holiday In Express.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List