Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 16 Mar 21, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Millie2017
Dancing with Tink'

Brooks/Running Shops

Hello,

Does anybody know where I can buy Brooks running shoes in Orlando? Are they generally cheaper than the UK?

Or any good running shops?

Thank you!
Old 16 Mar 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The only running shop I have any experience with in Orlando is Fit2Run. They used to have a reasonably large store at Disney Springs (with an in store treadmill) and they were the ones who convinced me to try out On Clouds (which are now my default running shoes) so I've had a great experience with them.

However the last time I was in Orlando in 2019 I found out they had closed their Disney Springs store and moved to Mall at Millenia (which was a tiny store). But seem to remember something about them opening another store at Disney Springs, not sure of details or if I'm right on this though!
Old 16 Mar 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
My DH likes Brooks trainers which he usually buys in Dick's Sporting Goods. We've often been in Florida and found them in a sale but that will probably depend when on when you go. We've found them to be a bit cheaper than than buying here, not massively so.

Debra
Old 16 Mar 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

They had Brooks in Dicks Sporting Goods last time we went, unfortunately didn’t have my usual type and I didn’t want to chance buying different ones. I didn’t think they were much cheaper than UK.
Old 17 Mar 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie2017
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks guys!

Didn’t think they’d be much cheaper but did they have different styles to the UK?
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Millie2017 View Post
Thanks guys!

Didn’t think they’d be much cheaper but did they have different styles to the UK?
Pretty much the same, though Brooks isn’t my brand. I speak for ASICS (me) and Nike (DH) for running shoes.

We have rarely found them much cheaper to be honest, though there are bargains in the outlets they tend to be older / unusual colours models. They are very patchy in terms of sizing though!