Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

Finally I’m becoming positive

During the last few weeks I have become very down beat about travelling to Florida and almost give up hoping to travel this year. But in the last few days that has gradually changed, everything seems to be changing quite rapidly. Even the media sound positive now. I understand why the USA refused to open, we were all worried about the delta variant ruining the vaccine drive. After a few weeks we now know that the vaccines work tremendously against this new variant. This will show the USA and the world that everything is going to plan with the vaccines and hopefully lead to them opening up to international travel. I really believe now that we will be holidaying from august. Stay positive all whenever you are due to travel
Sodick96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Thats the hammer. Be positive. I cant believe and am fed up with people just coming out with things like "you wont be going anywhere this year" or "these restrictions are going to continue, mark my words"
Why are they saying those things ? What news are they watching ? What qualifies them to comment ? " I can see us not travelling for a long time " ? How ? How do you think that ?
Thanks, Sodick96, you are a breath of fresh air
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I really hope things continue in a positive manner in the USA. They really have come a long way
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
HawaiiH
A Guest at All-Stars

Totally agree! I'm not travelling this year due to work commitments but I think it's totally doable.
Just my opinion but I think the court battle regarding the 120 million jabs to Europe was actually the thing holding us back.
I think once they're delivered, life will return to normal travel wise
Everything is definitely looking up!
HawaiiH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

We have been the so called guinea pig versus the delta variant, in a horrible way it has been the perfect test for the world to see whether the vaccine still works and it is and very well, it will never be perfect but it’s damn close. The pressure from the travel industry is growing and both governments are starting to feel it. Keep building the pressure guys
Sodick96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Yvemc
Excited about Disney

Same! This is the third time our trip has been rearranged and I was starting to feel a little despondent however there has definitely been a shift change throughout the MSM over the past few days and I'm finally allowing myself to have some hope that our October trip is going to happen!
WDW Hilton DTD 2001, Wyndham Palace DTD 2004, Sheraton Safari 2006, BC 2009, AKL 2012, BC 2014, AKL 2016, Portofino Bay & Boardwalk 2022, it was worth the wait! Ok I said not until 2025 yet here we go again! 2024 Universal RPR & Drurys Disney Springs!
Yvemc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I hope the momentum that there seems to be at the moment continues. I will breathe a deep sigh of relief and probably some happy tears when we get the definitive go ahead from the US. We are September and will be double vaccinated by then.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Same here, double vaccinated now and September ready, with a DCL cruise first in August. Everything is crossed.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Both vaccinated and flights booked for Sept 21 not long now.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

For all double vaccinated people all these bl**dy variants should not pose a problem, but the longer people are kept locked into the UK the more difficult it will be for them to strengthen their immune systems. The vaccine is there for a reason - to 'train' our immune systems to detect and kill the Covid pathogen. If we never come across the pathogen then our immune systems will weaken over time.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List