Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 9 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Just booked London!

I know it’s not Florida lol but I’m sort of excited! Although I did get the nerves after I had booked it 🙈🤣 I suppose it’s strange suddenly being allowed to be able to travel I’m coming over from n Ireland! Any must do’s? I’m going to spend the weekend planning 🎉🎉
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went Monday and Tuesday.
We did a hop-on hop-off boat trip. We got a 24-hour pass and used it to go down to Greenwich for a few hours, then back to Westminster. It also stops at Tower Pier for the Tower of London/Tower Bridge. We bought it on Virgin Experiences and it was £20 for 2 people (£16 inc NHS discount) and the on-the-day price was £21 each so it was a bargain.
We also went to the Natural History Museum. There's loads of museums in the same area, you just need to book free tickets on their websites.
Also, we visited The Sky Garden, another free attraction that you just need to book up in advance. On the other side of the river to The Shard, you can visit some gardens on the 32nd floor that has a viewing gallery outside, but you can also see out of all of the other sides of the building. We could see the Olympic Stadium in the East and Wembley Stadium in the West. It's also less of a gamble with weather spoiling your trip when its free
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We've been meaning to do Hampton Court for years, finally got it in the diary.

Kingston on Thames travel lodge - cheap as chips, even the parking isn't too bad at £16 per 24hrs.

We've got two nights Sat/Sun at the end of Sept before going on the Magic from Tilbury.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I think the Tower of London was probably the best thing I’ve done in London so far.

How long are you going for and are any of you Harry Potter fans? You could get the train up to Watford one day to do the Harry Potter Studios (needs to be booked in advance).

We also enjoyed the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the Museum of London.

Also just the general things, go to Hyde park, see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, south bank etc.

I’ve been to London several times, but I do enjoy doing the London eye.

Don’t know if you’ve got accommodation booked, but I’d recommend one of the premier inns in the centre. We always use the premier inn hub in Westminster, but there’s a few around that are central and close to the tube.

Edited at 08:52 AM.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We are going next week, I was lucky I used to go to our head office there pre-pandemic and got the evenings free to wander.

Don't forget you don't need special passes for the tube or buses you just tap in and out with your contactless card

We are also back at the Premier Inn Westminster abbey

Download the Too Good to go app to pick up cheap snacks ( its an app which businesses put fresh end of day food on to save it going to waste )you can get some great bargains on bakery goods and snacks there are dozens in London

Edited at 09:02 AM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

We just got back from 4 days in London, it was a fab trip.
Walked on average 12 miles per day. We did a trip on the Thames Rocket RIB, that was brilliant. It was very quiet and a great time to visit.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m in London atm, it’s far busier than it was last month but still nowhere near that way it usually is.
It’s wise to prebook restaurants though as they seem extremely busy
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We got a Oyster card we do this everytime last time we went on the boat used Oyster card funny story should have been 7.00 but cost me 12 pound as I tapped the card on the out in stead of in. We all so did the zoo we walk along the mall to the palace we where there 4 days that trip in August we there for 7 as we got a lot more on
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List