Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 12 Jun 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
My understanding is that by then, all will be back to normal. This may help…

Falmouth will host the world's media during the G7 Summit, and like St Ives and Newquay, this will inevitably mean an increase in security and some disruption for local residents and businesses.

The National Maritime Museum will be used as the media centre, hosting the world’s visiting press and media during the Summit.

The necessary closure of the Museum and car parks in the immediate vicinity will cause unavoidable disruption around the venue.

In order to ensure the smooth running of the event and to keep residents safe, a number of measures will be put in place, including:

Businesses within Events Square/Discovery Quay will be closed to the public from 8am on Monday 1 June to 11pm pm Thursday 17 June.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office is working directly with businesses in the area in relation to the closures. If you own a business in Events Square/Discover Quay and haven’t been contacted by the FCDO, please email: G7engagement@dc.police.uk.
Whilst some businesses will remain open, this is to provide food and drink for the delegates within the media centre.
Tesco Express will remain open to the public.
Square Hairdressers will be closed until after the Summit – with apologies for previously reporting incorrect information that Square Hairdressers would be open.
Residents within Events Square/Discovery Quay and Campeltown Way will be required to produce documentation to gain access to the restricted area.
Ponsharden park and ride/float will remain open until Thursday 10 June. It will be closed to the public from Friday 11 to Monday 14 June.
The Dell car park at Falmouth Town train station will remain open to the public.
The Quarry car park and Gyllyngvase Beach car park will be open to the public.
The car park on Church Street can be accessed prior to 11am daily up to and including Wednesday 9 June. It will be closed from Thursday 10 to Sunday 13 June.
Falmouth Town train station will be closed from Thursday 10 to Monday 14 June. People can travel to and from Falmouth Docks station – tickets will be valid. Visit GWR for more information.
Harbour access will not be affected.
People can move around the town centre freely, without ID. Only residents of Events Square/Discovery Quay and Campeltown Way will need to provide identification to gain access to the restricted area.

Residents and visitors are encouraged to use public transport where practical and are asked to plan their journeys to allow extra time in case of delays.

In addition….
If you look at a Google map, I try to park in New Street if visiting town for a short while (street not carpark).
Another is along the Greenbank and at the top of the hill on the left before you go under the arch to go down high street. If I fail there, I go down high street, round right onto the Moor, leaving up Killigrew Street past Choaks Pasties. Lots of parking on the left as you pass Dominoes.
If that fails, I then go round to New St. if that fails, it is Arwenack Avenue. If that fails, then I pay very grudgingly.
Thanks so much for all that fab info. I’ll def look out for free parking before parking by the harbour 😊
Dd was in Falmouth today, she went for breakfast, but ended up watching all of the demonstrations 😃
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Trebah is lovely. As is Trelissick Gardens. Another vote for Kennal Vale - absolutely stunning place.
Thanks, yes will def be going to both during the summer 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Trebah was my favourite part of my Cornwall holiday.

It’s less commercial than Eden and some other attractions.

Stunning and a fabulous memory.

Enjoy 😊
Old 8 Jul 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Trebah was my favourite part of my Cornwall holiday.

It’s less commercial than Eden and some other attractions.

Stunning and a fabulous memory.

Enjoy 😊
Ah that’s good, I’m just about to book it for Tuesday.
Looks like there may be some rain about, but hopefully it won’t spoil it. 😊
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We really liked our visit to Trebah except we couldn’t find any place to sit on the beach and have a coffee as that’s where everyone seemed to be, so we headed back to the restaurant and had a very peaceful lunch before that got busy too.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
We really liked our visit to Trebah except we couldn’t find any place to sit on the beach and have a coffee as that’s where everyone seemed to be, so we headed back to the restaurant and had a very peaceful lunch before that got busy too.
The Red Lion in Mawgan Smith would have been rather nice!
Glad that you are having a good time.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
Sorry for late reply - not been on here for a few weeks.
Glad you enjoyed your visit, such a shame that the beach was busy, we were lucky when we were there as I think a lot of people were leaving as we got there 😊
Old 2 Aug 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Just wanted to say a belated thank you to everyone that contributed to my post.
We had the most amazing visit to Cornwall. It was only 2 days while I moved DD into her house share, but we packed so much in.
Trebah was as you’ve all said amazing, well worth £12pp.
We ate at the restaurant the falafel burgers were amazing!
The gardens are gorgeous, we found a lovely quiet spot on the beach we took a rug to sit on and just chilled for an hour with ice cream before seeing the rest of the gardens. Loved it!
Also we managed to squeeze in Gweek seal sanctuary, Porthleven, Penzance and Lizard to see the sunset.
I do love Cornwall 💖😊