Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
And is that wrong?
No, why? (It was just a joke, btw)

Anyway, if people think something is too expensive then there's a simple remedy to that - don't buy it. If very few people buy that non-essential product because it's too expensive, then the seller will soon get the idea that the price is too high.

But if enough people do buy it, then it must be pitched at about the right price. And if it sells out very quickly then it was probably sold too cheaply.

In this case, I would expect Disney to have done a reasonable bit of analysis and will have pitched the price at about the correct level for the demand. That might be a price that is too expensive for some on here but, then, the price is not supposed to be affordable to everyone. There are limited numbers of the tickets available and therefore it is only meant to be affordable to a limited number of people.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I would not mind booking this but concerned that we will lose money if we still can not travel to USA
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Does anyone know what Disneys stance would be for a refund if we can't get into the USA from the UK at that time?

Anyone booked for the boo bash and asked this?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I would not mind booking this but concerned that we will lose money if we still can not travel to USA
Book them via Attraction Tickets Direct - they include Covid cover for a full refund.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Book them via Attraction Tickets Direct - they include Covid cover for a full refund.
I want to do that but i am worried that the date i want would sell out. I asked would they get any allocation of tickets if there was already a sell out date before they would sell them a week after Disney (the actual halloween date sold out before attration tix sold tix).
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I’m not entirely sure the COVID cover applies to the After Hours events. The Boo Bash tickets appear to have different cancellation Ts&Cs. You have to pay a percentage cancellation cost based on when you cancel. But it’s unclear so I could be wrong.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I’m not entirely sure the COVID cover applies to the After Hours events. The Boo Bash tickets appear to have different cancellation Ts&Cs. You have to pay a percentage cancellation cost based on when you cancel. But it’s unclear so I could be wrong.
Had a read of the T&C's, Covid cover applies to all of their WDW tickets, including events. The listed cancellation charges are if you cancel for any other reason.

It's also explicitly stated as a purchase benefit on the boo bash tickets.

Edited at 11:01 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Some more info with pricing has been released:

Twinkling lights, festive décor, and magical celebrations will fill Magic Kingdom Park during “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.” The event will take place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 through Dec. 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. This year’s holiday celebration is truly “once in a lifetime,” coinciding with the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary – “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” I can’t wait to unwrap all that festive fun!

Event dates are:

November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30

December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21

We are so excited to let you know that “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will include the nighttime spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the special holiday-themed parade “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” That’s right, a parade! Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be joined by pals from Disney’s “Frozen” and many other favorite Disney characters including the very popular Toy Soldiers. This festive parade will, of course, also feature Santa Claus himself!

Tickets for the 4-hour “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m., giving you more time to enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions. You can also take in EARidescent magic that will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” from the brand-new fireworks spectacular “Disney Enchantment” to the transformation of Cinderella Castle into a “Beacon of Magic,” it’s all in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. And, yes! That means you could be able to experience two different and unique fireworks shows in one night!

That’s not all that’s in store. Here are additional details of what you can experience during this limited-capacity, separately ticketed event:

Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.

After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.

Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.

While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!

Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.

Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.

Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.

Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.

Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17.

Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November.

These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Official post of the above if you want the pretty pictures:
disneyparks.disney.go/bl...magic-kingdom/

Prices are about what I was expecting given the extra hour and fireworks (and now also the parade) - I guessed starting price of somewhere between $149 and $169 earlier in the thread, and $169 it is. But more than double the day entry price for Christmas week, ouch.

I like that they've added the Thursday night as well as the same nights as Boo Bash. That's great, will work for my plans next year (assuming the same schedule, which they usually do) as I like to fly out on the Friday and AH events are a good final night thing. I'm just not going to look at the price too much, luckily it's just me.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I dm'd disneyworld guest services on twitter and asked them about refunds if the border was still shut in December for my holiday and they said I would get a refund. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.