Notices

View Poll Results: When will US borders open?
August 4 1.65%
September 32 13.22%
October 28 11.57%
November 28 11.57%
December 9 3.72%
2022 141 58.26%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Grant Schapps. I seriously doubt the US Administration even knows Grant Schapps exists.
I was thinking this yesterday as well.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My late Dec trip to NY is booked but i highly doubt we will get there now
Ah well all these trip cancellations are adding to 1 amazing trip when we finally can go
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

So when will Biden open up?

I have been reading up and he seems under a lot of pressure to change the position.

I know it’s speculation but does anyone have a gut fee for when things might reverse?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When he feels like it.
The way rates are climbing in the US I don’t see it as soon though. I’ve cancelled my September trip.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with Duchy. If he was going to bend to pressure, he would have done that already. Affected industries have been pressuring him for over a year.

When he feels it's safe politically (NOT medically), he will reverse them. Not before.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

It won’t be anytime soon. I get a bit of stick for being “negative” but it’s realism.

1. Massive issues with Delta..economy is fine so US don’t need to import any potential hospital bed users if they can avoid it.
2. Biden’s head is rightfully on the chopping block with his debacle leaving Afghanistan which is currently the main issue now probably more than covid if you watch their news.
3. For months there’s been calls for this…pressure on that..etc. Led to nothing. Not even any form of official replies!
4. There have been no credible leaks. Those who make up these positive articles put out by that blog stem from either people within the travel industry operating on a hunch, but word it to seem it’s more factual than it is, because funnily enough they have a vested interested in keeping people booking travel if they are confident it will go ahead.

Until there’s stuff put out; especially by Reuters don’t believe a thing. When they have reported on murmurs of things coming from the WH they’ve been spot on (boosters..Canada situation etc).

Things can change at the drop of a hat, which is what a lot of people are clinging on to, but that’s blind faith as opposed to the balance of probabilities. For what it’s worth I think until the Delta variant decreases and hospitals steady off we won’t be going anywhere. Maybe by the end of September it might be clearer, but the administration have barely mentioned the ban since the g7 summit which everyone seemed to think was the golden ticket..that and for some reason every national holiday is apparently a landmark for an update. 4th July was crossed off the list so for some reason Labor Day is the next one, probably swiftly followed by thanksgiving.

I think Dec would probably be the earliest I can imagine it to resume

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

He could open the borders tomorrow but I won't be going until Florida get things under control. No way am I putting my kids at risk.

I'm thinking of writing this year off and focusing on next year, the fact he's not even given a hint on any dates doesn't bode well IMO.
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

I think its going to be next year now before they let us into the USA so I have changed my October holiday for October next year
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

I have only been holidaying in Florida for the past 25 years I love it ! BUT I can’t stand this anymore the not being able to look forward to it all year is too depressing. We’ve got it booked for next July but I’m looking elsewhere as a big part of the holiday is the looking forward to it, it not even being open to us & no idea of when is too much.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I keep seeing the word "pressure". Biden isn't feeling any pressure about leisure travel or even about families visiting each other. I doubt it's even an agenda item on his desk most mornings. It would be sheer political suicide for him to seem to be focusing on that right now. Too many other things happening, literally life or death things.
I'm still hopeful for later in the year, though, depending on how the COVID numbers go.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List