Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Jul 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
It would be interesting to see what the wording was last time. I know back then (masks indoors only) you had to wear a mask in the outdoor queue for SDMT.
I found it...

The new policy is slightly reworded as social distancing hasn't been reintroduced, however I believe it will be exactly the same in practice in terms of mask use. "Entering and throughout all attractions" is the key phrasing.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I found it...

The new policy is slightly reworded as social distancing hasn't been reintroduced, however I believe it will be exactly the same in practice in terms of mask use. "Entering and throughout all attractions" is the key phrasing.
It does sound like they will be required outside the same as before.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I am pretty sure that is the same language they used when the rules were last indoors only and in practice, they were doing the mask check at the attraction entry point since this is where the staff are. Which may still be outdoors, e.g. Haunted Mansion.

I may also be wrong. We'll see what happens with the vloggers once they're in the parks.
You are probably correct. I don't have much faith in my interpretation and it will probably be like before, as you say.

How did it work for an attraction that was fully outdoors like, erm, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin? Did they have to wear masks on that when the rules were only to wear masks inside?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I found it...

(Flogging a dead horse here, I know, but...)

Did it used to say:

"Face coverings are required for all Guests while indoors. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions".

or did it used to say

"Face coverings are required for all Guests while indoors. In addition, face coverings are required upon entering and throughout all attractions". (or similar)

The two mean different things to me (and, perhaps, only me ).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
(Flogging a dead horse here, I know, but...)

Did it used to say:

"Face coverings are required for all Guests while indoors. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions".

or did it used to say

"Face coverings are required for all Guests while indoors. In addition, face coverings are required upon entering and throughout all attractions". (or similar)

The two mean different things to me (and, perhaps, only me ).
I think you're going too far into grammatical semantics now

The above appears to be a screenshot from Disney's site at the time that the masks indoors policy came in. So it is the exact wording.

All attractions implies that it does not matter whether the ride is indoors or outdoors, as was previously the policy. To me, they are both phrased in a way that should be interpreted the same. Masks not required in outdoor common areas (i.e. pathways) but are required everywhere else.

From a purely logistics POV, the only place it can be enforced on attractions is at the entrance since this is where the CMs are placed. Queues are often a mix of indoor and outdoor areas and they're not going to place an additional CM in the middle of the queue line at this transfer point.
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I think you're going too far into grammatical semantics now
Yes, probably. As you say, best wait until vloggers show us how it's actually being implemented in the parks. But you are probably right.

The above appears to be a screenshot from Disney's site at the time that the masks indoors policy came in. So it is the exact wording.
Sorry. I can't see the screenshot on this laptop. It's a work one and it removes some images from web loacations it doesn't like. I didn't even realise you'd posted a screenshot.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beechwood Babe
Proud to wear my Ears

The previous requirement was masks had to be worn from the start of the queue until you exit the ride. This included the entire line whether inside or outside and the whole ride duration. Anyone not wearing a mask on ride photographs meant the picture was not available to anyone riding in that vehicle.
Beechwood Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

First in park video is up, at least out of the vloggers I follow. Masks aren't required in the extended queues, but are once you go through the standard queue entrance. This may still be outdoors, e.g. at Tomorrowland Speedway, JoJo showed that you had to put your mask on as soon as you entered the sheltered area, and kept on during the ride, even though it is all outdoors.

Unrelated, but nice to see the Tron construction really picking up too.

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
steery1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
I agree. Having a different view of mask wearing does not make people science deniers. The science actually shows that only a particular type of mask is effective against the virus and 99% of people don’t wear that type. Especially at theme parks. Plus scientists disagree all the time. What one study shows another shows different. That’s why it’s not helpful to make statements accusing people of not following the science regarding mask wearing. Nobody should be abusing cast members for doing their job. I think we all agree that is unacceptable.
If anybody bothered to actually look at "the science" instead of swallowing everything those so-called "experts" with financial vested interests spouted, they'd realise that "face-coverings" do absolutely NOTHING to prevent virus spread.
Rather, people are force-masked for messaging purposes and as a constant reminder of a supposed threat. Nothing at all to do with health
steery1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steery1 View Post
If anybody bothered to actually look at "the science" instead of swallowing everything those so-called "experts" with financial vested interests spouted, they'd realise that "face-coverings" do absolutely NOTHING to prevent virus spread.
Rather, people are force-masked for messaging purposes and as a constant reminder of a supposed threat. Nothing at all to do with health
Oh please .. 🙄
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List