Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 31 Jul 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

October half term

What’s everyone planned for half term ?
We have nothing booked would love to go to Turkey but it’s still red .
Looked at lodges etc in uk but very expensive .
What are you all up to ?
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We cancelled our planned Orlando trip for October and got a puppy instead lol 😂
We have booked 3 nights in Blackpool Cala gran (planning to walk on the beach, Stanley park and a tram ride to see the illuminations) we have then booked 4 nights at Craig Tara in Scotland and then 2 nights at a lodge in the Lake District. All pet friendly and pretty reasonably priced.

We are really excited to be doing something quite different with our new addition!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We cancelled our planned Orlando trip for October and got a puppy instead lol 😂
We have booked 3 nights in Blackpool Cala gran (planning to walk on the beach, Stanley park and a tram ride to see the illuminations) we have then booked 4 nights at Craig Tara in Scotland and then 2 nights at a lodge in the Lake District. All pet friendly and pretty reasonably priced.

We are really excited to be doing something quite different with our new addition!
That all sounds lovely - our lovely Labrador has only just forgiven us for last weekends trip to Alton Towers which meant 2 nights at a boarding kennels for her .
It’s much nicer to take them with you . Put
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

I have just cancelled a hotel in Tenerife, I just can’t be bothered with the hassle of tests and rules changing etc and have booked a week in north Wales instead. It’s the same holiday we had booked last Oct half term that was cancelled due to Welsh lockdown and the park couldn’t have been more helpful so hopefully second time lucky for us!
We’ve already had a fabulous holiday in Cornwall for a week and in Scotland for 10 days and in neither of those holidays did we wish we were abroad so going down the let’s explore more of the UK route!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

We have booked a lovely looking cottage through VRBO in North Devon near Ilfracombe. You can walk onto the coastal path and down to the beach from the cottage and we are also taking our dog. We’ve never been to this part of Devon and have seems some glorious photos of the area on a North Devon Facebook page I’ve joined so really looking forward to it. Also hoping for a trip or two onto Exmoor from there. 😊
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
We have booked a lovely looking cottage through VRBO in North Devon near Ilfracombe. You can walk onto the coastal path and down to the beach from the cottage and we are also taking our dog. We’ve never been to this part of Devon and have seems some glorious photos of the area on a North Devon Facebook page I’ve joined so really looking forward to it. Also hoping for a trip or two onto Exmoor from there. 😊
Can I ask what the Facebook page is called? We’ve just moved our Sept New York holiday to April 22. & booked a week at Westward Ho! North Devon. It would be good to see what is recommended in the area
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have given up for this year.. got all money back from my cancelled 18 August other than two car hires which are on their way.

There is just too much uncertainty and rule changing by our useless, dithering Government.

I have already purchased Easter 2022 and when flights become available, will book October 2022 to the West Coast.

I will not dissipate my saved money on compromises and I regard short haul or Europe in general as an overpriced compromise. I lived in Germany for 3 years, Cyprus for 2 years and have visited pretty much all of the old Western Europe including all major Canaries. I am in no rush to see any of them again and no longer chase beaches as I am surrounded by them at home.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:01 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
Can I ask what the Facebook page is called? We’ve just moved our Sept New York holiday to April 22. & booked a week at Westward Ho! North Devon. It would be good to see what is recommended in the area
Yes, of course. It’s called “A place in North Devon” and is a public group. It’s mainly beautiful photographs rather than recommendations of places to go but I love looking places up on the map and earmarking them on my wish list to visit 😊
Have a wonderful trip and let us know what places you would recommend when you get back 😃👍
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Yes, of course. It’s called “A place in North Devon” and is a public group. It’s mainly beautiful photographs rather than recommendations of places to go but I love looking places up on the map and earmarking them on my wish list to visit 😊
Have a wonderful trip and let us know what places you would recommend when you get back 😃👍
Thank you I’ve joined the FB page & will report back. We’ve had holidays in North Devon in the past, but not for a few years.
One of our favourite memories is “the big sheep” quite bizarre but great fun. We’ll be going there!