Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a landline.
No - never had one 15 3.77%
No - chose to give it up 56 14.07%
Yes - hardly ever used 263 66.08%
Yes - use it a fair bit 39 9.80%
Yes - use it all the time 25 6.28%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Aug 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have one but mainly as a back up when on call ( analogue) because the mobile signal can be dodgy where we are in windy weather
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We have one and use it a fair amount. I'm probably too old school to get rid of it altogether.
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we have a landline and use it all the time as the phone signal in the house is hit and miss. Also mom and us are both on virgin the calls don't cost anything and the line comes free in the package , only issue is cold callers but the call blocker panasonic phone soon sorted that out
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I have a line because it's still required for broadband in my area. But haven't had a phone plugged into it in over 10 years now. To me it's just part of the internet cost, rather than a separate service that I get any use from.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

We still have a landline, as there is no mobile signal at all at home (and most of our village).
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We have a landline. The mobile reception in our house is pretty terrible, so we need the backup - there have been several occasions when I’ve been on call and the landline has been phoned cos they couldn’t connect to my mobile. Hubby’s Nana also calls us on it, as she doesn’t seem to do mobiles.

We’re moving soon, hopefully, and I imagine we will keep it even if the mobile reception is better, as it costs us peanuts for the line rental and it has its uses.
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

My stepfather rings my landline so need it. Plus I need it for the internet
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We tend it use it for overseas calls as have a good package for countries we phone regularly and it seems to work out much cheaper. Also for times in the house when we are phoning somewhere we know we are going to be on hold for ages. Other than that don't use it
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes can not be with out it if they cut my mobile that world be fine I just have it for if I am out and need to call home then I got one.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When you call a business please use your landline, I’m sick of trying to take a call off someone and only hearing half of the conversation and them saying sorry I have bad reception. If you do have a landline use it for important calls.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List