Notices

View Poll Results: do you like sausage rolls? (these can be meat, veggie or even vegan, its not just about pork!)
yes, i love them and am always searching for a great source of them 48 22.33%
yes, i will eat the occasional one 125 58.14%
meh... they are ok i suppose 22 10.23%
no, i dont like pork wrapped in pastry, its an abomination 4 1.86%
no, even vegan ones are horrible 6 2.79%
i have allergies/etc so cant really eat them 2 0.93%
other (please comment) 8 3.72%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Dec 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
these?

donaldrussell/artisa...age-rolls.html

will order some soon, need to choose some other stuff to get the order over £40, otherwise its a fiver delivery, which is a little overkill for 8 sausage rolls

but yeah, thats the sort of thing im really talking about... i want to locate ones like these easily, so wherever i am in the country, i can find a place that makes ones like this i can nip in and buy some!
Yes they are amazing. Also their rib of beef is the best I’ve eaten.
You will usually find a discount code or free delivery if you dig about. I can refer you and you’ll get 10% but there are usually codes around

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i'm becoming increasingly wound up by the actions of some of the mods on here... its already the reason i post a lot less than i used to

i specifically asked for this thread to remain in the general chat forum at least for a couple of days, and within an hour it got moved. i even "reported" my post asking for it to be moved back, but no response.

i wouldnt mind so much, but it got moved into a forum area i dont even check, and judging by the amount of responses since it got moved (~27 in the first hour, then ~10 votes in the TWO hours after it got moved to the polls forum)

at the very least move it to the food forum! (i asked this too)

this is like a thread i spent ages working on a few months ago that got moved (or deleted) to a forum i can't even access because i got a bit angry in there once and started calling some people out on certain comments.

i love this place, but i'm getting increasingly disillusioned with it, and am spending more and more time on reddit, where at least i can post relatively freely.

and yeah, "if you dont agree with the mods decisions, go find somewhere else" - i completely agree, but its still really frustrating when you invest so much of your time creating content for somewhere only for it to get thrown in the bin (or moved to somewhere you cant even see the replies!)

anyway.

sausage rolls...

Edited at 02:28 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Make my own with sausage meat from a friends organic farm add all sorts into the mix
From sage chilli garlic etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Nothing beats a homemade sausage roll.

I use Bell's puff pastry, good quality sausages (NOT that pink 'sausage meat stuff you can buy), herbs from the garden, chopped onions and garlic softened then a pint of cider cooked down until the mix it dry. Mix with the sausage meat, assemble and make good sized chunky rolls.

Perfect.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Nothing beats a homemade sausage roll.

I use Bell's puff pastry, good quality sausages (NOT that pink 'sausage meat stuff you can buy), herbs from the garden, chopped onions and garlic softened then a pint of cider cooked down until the mix it dry. Mix with the sausage meat, assemble and make good sized chunky rolls.

Perfect.
I think, although I don’t eat sausage rolls, I would eat yours.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honestly the frozen party ones for me are the best! I don’t trust myself at a buffet 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i'm becoming increasingly wound up by the actions of some of the mods on here... its already the reason i post a lot less than i used to

i specifically asked for this thread to remain in the general chat forum at least for a couple of days, and within an hour it got moved. i even "reported" my post asking for it to be moved back, but no response.

i wouldnt mind so much, but it got moved into a forum area i dont even check, and judging by the amount of responses since it got moved (~27 in the first hour, then ~10 votes in the TWO hours after it got moved to the polls forum)

at the very least move it to the food forum! (i asked this too)

this is like a thread i spent ages working on a few months ago that got moved (or deleted) to a forum i can't even access because i got a bit angry in there once and started calling some people out on certain comments.

i love this place, but i'm getting increasingly disillusioned with it, and am spending more and more time on reddit, where at least i can post relatively freely.

and yeah, "if you dont agree with the mods decisions, go find somewhere else" - i completely agree, but its still really frustrating when you invest so much of your time creating content for somewhere only for it to get thrown in the bin (or moved to somewhere you cant even see the replies!)

anyway.

sausage rolls...
This is a Poll and so belongs in the specific forum dedicated to 'Polls'. We can't just leave threads in a forum which a member thinks would get more traffic, otherwise we may as well just have one big forum for every topic, sorry!

Also if you refer to our T&C's section 3.6 you will note that Market Research posts shouldn't be posted.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Yes they are amazing. Also their rib of beef is the best I’ve eaten.
You will usually find a discount code or free delivery if you dig about. I can refer you and you’ll get 10% but there are usually codes around
Decent email offer for today only and includes sausage rolls
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I voted other. I have coeliac disease (not an allergy) so I can’t eat them anyway. Although I will say that even before diagnosis I didn’t eat them. The smell puts me off.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

They are okay, I adore the Vegan Gregg ones and today had the Vegan steak bake, I loved it.
The vegan rolls from Greggs remind me of sage and onion, which I love. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List