I'm a superfan and seen them all 85 63.43%
Seen a few - can take them of leave them 41 30.60%
I'm a fraud. Been on the Star Tours ride loads but never seen one 8 5.97%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Dec 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I vividly remember when the original Star Wars film was released, as far as I was concerned it was ground breaking. For a few years thereafter, I used the force in times of need!

Whilst the next couple were good, they just did not have the impact and when they start messing with time lines and make prequels, I kind of lose it a bit.

The most impressive thing of all is your ability to create a poll Mick, this is punching way above my weight. I take my hat off.

Clearly the force is strong with you and Joan. Long may it continue.

Disney332
Old 15 Dec 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I vividly remember when the original Star Wars film was released, as far as I was concerned it was ground breaking. For a few years thereafter, I used the force in times of need!

Whilst the next couple were good, they just did not have the impact and when they start messing with time lines and make prequels, I kind of lose it a bit.

The most impressive thing of all is your ability to create a poll Mick, this is punching way above my weight. I take my hat off.

Clearly the force is strong with you and Joan. Long may it continue.

Disney332
My next major challenge is doing a poll without a spelling mistake.

What next then? Longhorn v Outback, villa or hotel, hire car or Uber. Think they've all been done
Old 15 Dec 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
My next major challenge is doing a poll without a spelling mistake.

What next then? Longhorn v Outback, villa or hotel, hire car or Uber. Think they've all been done
The world is your oyster
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
The world is your oyster
Why is it that I love 99% of all seafood but can't abide calamari (and all octopussy things) or oysters (but love mussels)

Mick
Old 15 Dec 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

I vividly remember seeing Empire fights back in the cinema at 8 years old and loving it and then seeing Return of the Jedi at the cinema at age 11 with my dad on more than 1 occasion and then being glued to the tv every year at xmas when they were shown. we bought them on VHS when they were released and wore the tapes out and then again on DVD when they were released years later. I remember being very excited about the prequel trilogy and then being highly disappointed when I saw them and have seen them maybe once or twice each.
I then had a son and we showed him the films and he then became the fanatic at 4 years old completely obsessed and at 16 still has all the lego Star Wars models displayed proudly in his bedroom.
then we had my daughter and took her to see the force awakens at 5 years old and it all started again, she too is obsessed and was so proud to do the Jedi academy at DHS in 2017 and 2019. We all thoroughly enjoyed the sequel films as family inc the standalone films and are now patiently waiting for xmas eve so we can watch the second series of the mandelorian as I wanted to have something to watch as a family over xmas!

p.s DH is also a fan!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Can’t take part in your first poll Mick. Never seen any of the films and never been in the ride. The Star Wars bit of WDW has never seen us in it.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Can’t take part in your first poll Mick. Never seen any of the films and never been in the ride. The Star Wars bit of WDW has never seen us in it.
As I'm the creator of the poll I can bend the rules and allow you to vote "never" to add to my sole vote.

I'm waiting for Greek Granny to vote because she said never to Star Wars on the Ikea thread

Mick
Old 15 Dec 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

As I'm the creator of the poll I can bend the rules and allow you to vote "never" to add to my sole vote.

I'm waiting for Greek Granny to vote because she said never to Star Wars on the Ikea thread

Mick
Didn’t want to not be part of such a momentous dibb moment🤣. No stopping you now.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Didn’t want to not be part of such a momentous dibb moment🤣. No stopping you now.
When nobody is asking for my toll plaza photos or how to do skip the counter with Alamo or how I'm missing a Flo's Filet at Longhorn one has to diversify in these troubled times.

Mick
Old 15 Dec 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Mick
I's voted, no Star Wars, Harry Potter or Game of Thrones