Notices

View Poll Results: Did you get any side effects with Oxford vaccine?
Yes - Mild 138 55.87%
Yes - Severe 34 13.77%
No 75 30.36%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Mar 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Had my 1st dose 6 weeks ago. Was fine for the rest of the day but had a grotty headache and felt tired all the next day. DH felt achy & cold the day after his again fine the next day. Most of the rest of the family had Pfizer and reported similar symptoms.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I tend to get side effects with almost every medication I take. I had my jab a week and a half ago. Felt very cold that evening and tired - but had not slept well the night before, so think it was more that. Next day had a very very slight muggy head (bit like when a thunder storm is coming), felt a bit lathargic at time, but fine at other, did things like mop the floor, so obviously not to bad. Again really really cold that evening. Next day fine, no sore arm at all.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

About 20 hours after having it my arm ached and I felt like I was coming down with something- not that bad I went out on the bike for half an hour at 6pm 26 hours after having it. At 9.30PM I was cold and shivery a bit and went to bed. Woke up at some time in the night drenched in sweat. By next morning I was back to normal and went on a 35 mile bike ride.
You have no virus in you so it is simply an immune response.

Edited at 01:53 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Headache, nausea and weariness. Managed work next day dosed up on paracetomol. Went to bed at 8pm and woke the next moring 40hrs after jab and was back to normal.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I had mine yesterday and felt fine for most of the day, woke up in the night with bad headache and fever, no energy today and my arm is very sore but I get that with a flu jab too!
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Had mine at 6.15pm last Monday. Felt fine the next day, until I got a migraine at around lunchtime. Usual migraine symptoms and felt very cold, was groggy the next day, but I usually feel like that after a migraine. My arm was sore, but I don’t think the migraine was anything to do with the vaccination, I was just unlucky.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I had the AZ on Tuesday at 9.40am, felt fine all day until 9.40pm when I started shaking uncontrollably, developed a fever and a raging thirst, aches and headache. I took paracetamol and went to bed and the side effects wore off fully around 2am. The next day I felt tired with slight arm ache but felt fine. However around 9pm the shivers, temperature and headache reappeared albeit slightly less than the previous night. A couple more paracetamols and I went to bed. Felt fine the next morning and haven’t had any more issues.
DITTO I was same as DD & glad I had read beforehand others had had those symptoms so wasn't too worried but did feel pretty awful at the time.
Old 29 Mar 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Had mine at 8.30 am. Was fine all day, even went for a 5 mile run. About 9pm at night started to feel a little shivery, so went to bed. Spent several hours where I was shaking and feeling cold, but husband said heat was emitted so much so, that he nearly changed rooms! I was achy and tired for at least 24 hours from that point but then perfectly fine.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No side effects for me. A very slight soreness in my arm that lasted about 1 day
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A sore arm the next day and I felt a bit spaced out and tired but that only lasted 1 day and I still worked so very mild side effects for me.