Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 May 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
If you do this, take a look at travel republic. I’ve booked 2 nights on there today and they’re very good prices compared to other sites. Only £15 deposit too.
Thank you. I’ll definitely be having a look
mrsd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

I’ve taken what you’ve all said on board and made a few adjustments. Does this seem a bit better?

Thurs: Travel day
Fri: Magic Kingdom (possibly Be Our Guest for breakfast) until we crash.
Sat: Discovery Cove
Sun: Animal Kingdom
Mon: Epcot
Tue: Swimming, shopping, eating off site. Bit of a chill day
Wed: Hollywood Studios
Thurs: Magic Kingdom (am), chill out pm and then back to MK if we fancy it later on
Fri: Disney Water Park (not decided which yet) until early pm. Epcot late pm (again, if we fancy it)
Sat: Free day at the moment
Sun: A room booked at Loews Royal Pacific. Universal Studios
Mon: Universal Studios
Tue: Chill am (swimming maybe). Animal Kingdom pm
Wed: Magic Kingdom (unless we really like a different park and then hopefully we can change our booking)
Thurs: Travel day

We’re early birds anyway without the jet lag so I’m thinking on park days we get there for opening, and can head back to the room after lunch if we want, go for a swim, etc and can then return in the evening or visit Disney Springs etc. I want a ‘flexible plan’
Old 7 May 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Looks good to me! Are you planning on doing 2 days at Universal Studios or one there and one at Islands of Adventure? Both are great parks
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
Looks good to me! Are you planning on doing 2 days at Universal Studios or one there and one at Islands of Adventure? Both are great parks
Thank you. One at Universal and one at Islands of Adventure! They seem to both be Universal in my head! We’re giving Volcano Bay a miss though.
Old 4 Jun 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Plutow75
First POST

For me we did Discovery Cove later in 2nd week as it is a relaxing day, we also did both Disney water parks on 'rest' days, our boys loved them more than the theme parks. When we were there I was on a mission to make every minute count, we still missed loads of Disney attractions and didn't do universal. You can get into Seaworld with Discovery Cove tickets too.
Plutow75 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Plutow75 View Post
For me we did Discovery Cove later in 2nd week as it is a relaxing day, we also did both Disney water parks on 'rest' days, our boys loved them more than the theme parks. When we were there I was on a mission to make every minute count, we still missed loads of Disney attractions and didn't do universal. You can get into Seaworld with Discovery Cove tickets too.
Thank you. I’ve actually read on the boards here today that Discovery Cove is a great one to do later on during the holiday so I think I’m going to push that forward a week!
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes, I would swap Discovery Cove to your free day. That does give you back to back swim days with the waterpark on the Friday, although in August that's probably not a bad thing! But you could shuffle the days up to create a bit of space there.

Head to a park on your second day instead. I wouldn't be too concerned that it's a Saturday - the only park I really avoid at weekends is Epcot during festivals. If you're Star Wars fans, it could be a perfect day to try and get a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass since they currently they go live at 7am and you'll probably still be up early due to the time change. So Hollywood Studios would be my pick.

Also just a note on Universal since you mentioned Harry Potter. Make sure you buy park to park tickets even if you're planning to do one park per day as you need that ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

What is resort hopping?

I know what it means (I think) ... although I’m picturing going from one hotel to another and I can’t work out why it’s done.

Please enlighten me. I don’t want to miss anything when we go and I don’t have any kind of resort hopping down! Ha
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
What is resort hopping?

I know what it means (I think) ... although I’m picturing going from one hotel to another and I can’t work out why it’s done.

Please enlighten me. I don’t want to miss anything when we go and I don’t have any kind of resort hopping down! Ha
The Disney hotels (particularly the deluxes) are popular destinations themselves as the public areas are beautiful. I wouldn't call it necessary for a first time trip, but when you've been multiple times and don't feel the need to spend every second in the parks, it's a nice down day to wander around the resorts, get some food, etc. Especially during the holidays when they're all decorated.

Also if you're drinkers, many people enjoy the monorail bar crawl - again just a fun thing to do of an evening if you want to head out but not to the parks. Not my thing, but I'd do a monorail cake crawl.

Edited at 05:52 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank you! That explained it so well. I will have two weeks in Disney so might be able to spare a evening doing that if we have time.

I’d do the monorail cake and bar crawl ha.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List