Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 11 Jul 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Bridlington

Hi, have booked a last minute break to brid week on Monday, just a mon-fri, staying on sands lane………anyone any recommendations for places to see/eat? Never been but desperate for a bit of a break……thanks

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

If it's free cancellation I'd go elsewhere, just being honest 😉
Much nicer places to go like Whitby
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

If you like walking the coastal walks are lovely. Particularly Flamborough head and bempton cliffs.

Scarborough close by too.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Brid has fans, my parents love it there. Yes it can be a bit rough and ready near the centre but has decent bits and kids love it. South Beach end is pretty decent. Pirate ship ride near the harbour, used to be a quid. Think it’s now 2. If you have a car, go get fish and chip takeaway from 149, the best fish and chips I think I’ve ever had.
Head over to Filey, Scarborough, Whitby etc for trips.
Good walks as above. Sea Gulls Inn is nice for a dinner if in Flambrough.

Edited at 01:52 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I’d agree South Bay is lovely, north beach is bit more arcades and what have you but the actual beach is lovely.
Assuming you’ve got a car I’d definitely suggest Bempton cliffs, there’s a small charge to get in as the reserve is managed by the RSPB but I’d say it’s worth it. Amazing numbers of seabirds and the meadows are full of wildlife too- we spotted a barn owl out hunting last week which was great.
I also really like north landing at flamborough, a bit of a steep slope down to the beach which, if you time it right has some great rock pools.
I’ve always enjoyed a wander round the grounds at sewerby hall, you can drive there or it’s walkable from brid or if it’s running again there is the land train from brid.
Filey is also nice as an old fashioned English seaside town and again up at Filey brig you can do some good rock pooling.
I’ve never done any boat rides as I get seasick but there are variety available and seem popular.
I’m not sure about places to eat- I’ll give it some thought.
Hope you have a great break!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Sewerby hall (can get here by land train from near the pool/leisure centre)
South cliff/shore beach is a lovely beach (can also get land train here from Bridlington spa)
Fraisthorpe beach with cow shed cafe .
Jeromes/pavilion bar on the front is a nice place to sit and eat by the sea (main town area )
X

Edited at 02:47 PM.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Some great ideas already posted. I always go out on the Yorkshire Belle for a boat trip. There’s usually a choice of short or longer cruises. The staff are lovely and when we went on the other week they were bringing drinks to your seats which was nice. As you’re sailing up the coast they tell you about the history of the coves and features that you sail past. It’s really relaxing x

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

The splash zone at the leisure centre is good. Dirt cheap for 90 minute session.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

We love the speedboat ride.
The pirate ship is now £2.50
Up 150% in couple of years .

We also love Hunmanby gap for a great open beach

Peasholm Park is nice in Scarborough
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Little Sicily restaurant in the town centre is lovely. For a traditional pub meal head to the North Star at north landing, flamborough. If you have kids and the tours are running John Bull rock factory is worth a visit. As is burton Anges hall which is nearby. Sewerby hall and Danes dyke, you can walk to Danes dyke along the cliff top…you can carry on to south landing, flamborough lighthouse and north landing if you like walking and can always catch the open topper back. Filey is nice, as is Scarborough. I’ve found Whitby far too busy due to the cobbled narrow streets, depends what you want. North York’s moors are an hour away.
Thornwick bay is fab for exploring at low tide too!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List