Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 12 Jul 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Things to do with a teenager in somerset

We have an Airbnb near bridgewater, can anyone advise things to do with a teenage boy? We have done wookey hole and cheddar gorge before (although this is closed)
Are there any good cycle paths that don’t involve roads if we take the bikes? Have looked at mendip activity centre
I know of the beaches nearby as we stayed at unity at Brean last time
Many thanks for any suggestions
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We be recently biked the strawberry line, you can hire bikes at yatton station or the other end in Cheddar I think
Also my son loved his surf session at The Wave Bristol
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

I have booked a half day private climbing session with upandunderadventures for my teen whilst based near longleat in the summer. we are doing this in bristol as the nearest to our location. looks really good value. you can do group sessions, but my dd already climbs so i know she will get more out of the private session, and it wasnt much more which is unusual. Hoping to picnic and enjoy the suspension bridge view after. It is also while the baloon festival is on so might see a few whilst at bristol.

we are also considering a visit to lacock abbey near chippenham as it has harry potter connections. looks like the outdoor corridors at hogwarts were filmed there.

Love Longleat, so will be going there, and thinking about the wave. already booked wild wookey at wookey hole, and intend to walk around cheddar gorge and maybe visit the cheese shop to see how its made.

When i was researching there are some activities on salisbury plain, jeep safari etc in case that would appeal to your son. Have a great holiday.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
I have booked a half day private climbing session with upandunderadventures for my teen whilst based near longleat in the summer. we are doing this in bristol as the nearest to our location. looks really good value. you can do group sessions, but my dd already climbs so i know she will get more out of the private session, and it wasnt much more which is unusual. Hoping to picnic and enjoy the suspension bridge view after. It is also while the baloon festival is on so might see a few whilst at bristol.

we are also considering a visit to lacock abbey near chippenham as it has harry potter connections. looks like the outdoor corridors at hogwarts were filmed there.

Love Longleat, so will be going there, and thinking about the wave. already booked wild wookey at wookey hole, and intend to walk around cheddar gorge and maybe visit the cheese shop to see how its made.

When i was researching there are some activities on salisbury plain, jeep safari etc in case that would appeal to your son. Have a great holiday.

Lacock is a lovely little village
We saw them filming the Half Blood Prince there so there are places all around the village you might recognise from the films
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooh thanks all for these suggestions, I will run them past teenager and hopefully get them booked. 😊
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List