Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jul 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Park Reservations Conundrum?

Do i make a park reservation for MK on 21 or 22 December

Currently have 21 dec booked for MK

With all this talk of Evening events and extra time in park for delux villas and then having no posted dates its impossible to choose a day.

Worry that i reserve a day and then need to change and find i cant get the day i need

Obviously i would prefer EMH for Delux guests rather than after hours christmas event

Thanks
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What would you book on the 22nd if not MK? You could always book both as MK and switch the one you decide you don't want to a less popular park later once the schedule is released. The event schedule should be out in a few weeks at most, so that gives you plenty of time to switch.

Christmas is obviously a lot busier but right now, you can get a MK reservation for every day except October 1st. That includes tomorrow. At full capacity, I don't see them being fully reserved on all but the most popular days, e.g. Christmas Day itself.

ETA: I would expect the 21st to be an after hours event as that is listed as the finishing date. However there's no guarantee that the 22nd will be a deluxe hours night, we have no clue how frequently they will be offered.

Edited at 01:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

You don’t have to have the extra magic hours evening as the park you choose that day. You can go to any park if you have a park hopping ticket then go to the EMH in the evening.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
^^^ with no reports to date that I'm aware of that park capacity has restricted the ability to park hop, you should have quite high confidence that you could move to any park of your choice for the evening, regardless of where you started the day.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

What would you do though if not doing after hours or Extra hours,

Go to MK on 21 Dec most likely an after hours event day... would it be quieter and have to leave early
or
Dec 22 on a normal late hours day most likely ... Would it be busier as park open late to all

Thanks
Old 14 Jul 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post

Go to MK on 21 Dec most likely an after hours event day... would it be quieter and have to leave early
or
Dec 22 on a normal late hours day most likely ... Would it be busier as park open late to all

Thanks
You don't have to leave early for After Hours events, they're not like the previous parties where they shut a few hours early to start the party. At the last AH event I attended, the park closed at 10pm and the event started immediately after. Although this was a non-themed event.

For Boo Bash, I think it's only a half hour window between park close and event start - 8:30pm close and 9pm event start from memory. It shouldn't make a signficant difference to crowd levels through the day as a result, although it will get more crowded in the evenings when event only tickets are allowed in at 7pm. I would expect the same for the Christmas event.

Dec 22nd may be the start of special Christmas things being available for all guests (if they follow the trend from previous years) so I would expect it to be significantly more crowded than the 21st. It may be open slightly later as a result of the peak crowds though. So if total park time is more important than crowds, book both and see what happens when park hours are released.

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Old 15 Jul 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by antietam View Post

or

Thanks
Both

Personally I'd go to MK on the 21st Dec.

Previously, MK has been quieter on days with MVMCP. I know the After Hours event is not the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people avoid the days when the After Hours event is on. And I prefer a quieter park - MK can get very busy.

Of course, I'd go to MK on more than one day to make sure I saw "everything".

As others have mentioned, it's not like MK will close earlier when the After Hours event is on. It's not like MVMCP when the park closed at 7pm. MK will close at the normal time of 9pm to regular guests when the After Hours event is on.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The drop in crowds on party nights was primarily because of people on base tickets (remember a lot of domestic guests may only have one MK day) wanting to go on a "normal" night. Especially since the fireworks didn't run for day guests on party nights. The days either side of a party were rammed as a result.

Because MK should be normal operation in the hours prior to the event, I don't think people will avoid MK on AH days. On my last trip, I was there during a non-themed AH event and there was no difference in crowds on this day compared to any other.
Old 16 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Because MK should be normal operation in the hours prior to the event, I don't think people will avoid MK on AH days. On my last trip, I was there during a non-themed AH event and there was no difference in crowds on this day compared to any other.
Ah ok.

I sort of wondered whether some people might equate this new Christmas-themed After Hours event with the old Christmas party and choose to avoid it. When it comes to prices, a lot of people seem to be equating the two.

It sounds like there's not a lot of difference between the 21st and 22nd so it really just comes down to a toss of the coin as to which to choose.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List