Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 17 Jul 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Hunstanton for the day

I’m thinking of taking DD15, DS12 and DS6 to the beach for the day tomorrow. Hunstanton is our closest at 2 hours away. I’ve never been, does anyone have any hints or tips? Good places to park, set up camp for the day etc.?
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Depends on what you want to do. We like to go right down to the lighthouses end where there is a pay and display car park, walking down to the beach there is easy and there is a little cafe that does nice cakes just there and they let dogs inside in the winter.

It's an easy walk from there either along the cliff top or along the beach to the amusement if that's what your kids like. Good fish and chips in Hunstanton, we only go in the depths of winter but there are plenty of places that are sheltered to sit and eat and look at the sea.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My tip is to get to any beach or popular area very early especially on one of hottest days of the year because you might have difficulty parking.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If you go leave early as Mickey House said. It will be very busy. If you can stay for the sunset it was stunning. We live on the east coast of Norfolk so get the sunrise was amazing to see it set. Heacham has a beautiful beach too, not much else other than a row of campsites beach shop and long expanse of beach that goes so far out when the tide is out.
ericsfishandchips/
At Thornham is a good place for lunch. Its a small collection of a farm shop fresh fish boutique antiques garden centre icecream parlour and Erics. They have a walk in restaurant and take away. Also do woodfired pizza in a yurt. Blink and you'd miss the entrance but well worth a look.
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, can anyone name a car park I should aim for? Obviously we plan on getting there early, what time do you consider early enough to find parking easily? I was thinking of leaving at 8 to get there just after 10.

Edited at 03:31 PM.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
TVs is everyone, can anyone name a car park I should aim for? Obviously we plan on getting there early, what time do you consider early enough to find parking easily? I was thinking of leaving at 8 to get there just after 10.
I can't name the carpark but if you put in old lighthouse Hunstanton you will find it.

Enjoy, it's lovely.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Lighthouse Cl, Hunstanton PE36 6EL

Should get you there
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Just wanted to let you all know that I used the car park at the lighthouse in old Hunstanton and have had a lovely day! Only just got home (traffic was pretty horrendous home and the 2.5 hour journey turned into 3.5) but it was almost like being abroad with the heat today and well worth the journey. Thanks again for your help 😊

Edited at 10:24 PM.
Old 19 Jul 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Just wanted to let you all know that I used the car park at the lighthouse in old Hunstanton and have had a lovely day! Only just got home (traffic was pretty horrendous home and the 2.5 hour journey turned into 3.5) but it was almost like being abroad with the heat today and well worth the journey. Thanks again for your help 😊
Pleased you had a lovely day, was it crowded?