Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jun 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The 50% borrowing rule

So how long are we thinking this could be in place for?

We're replanning our trip with our friends from this August until January 2022 and hoping to do a split stay between BCV & a cabin at CCV, I'd like a week at each but that will be 2 years of my CCV points.

I could bank 2020s but with a Feb UY, just feels too risky, not that a holiday in the last month of our UY isn't risky anyway, but I'm past caring in all honesty.

My guess is that the 50% rule is likely to still be in place for a couple of years, would you agree?

Edited at 10:11 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No my opinion is next year & then revert, it's all those extra points from this year that are causing the back log, to extend beyond this will cause them major issues & I'm not sure how that would stand legally.As you know they really push that borrow ability & since the "drop" in minimum buy in (is it a 100 now?) they basically have a potentially large group of people that can barely get a week's holiday in Sept! Plus it only mentions "Borrowing" if for example you Bank '21 & then plan a '22 vacation you still effectively have 2 years worth of points IYKWIM but then it is Disney
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
No my opinion is next year & then revert, it's all those extra points from this year that are causing the back log, to extend beyond this will cause them major issues & I'm not sure how that would stand legally.As you know they really push that borrow ability & since the "drop" in minimum buy in (is it a 100 now?) they basically have a potentially large group of people that can barely get a week's holiday in Sept! Plus it only mentions "Borrowing" if for example you Bank '21 & then plan a '22 vacation you still effectively have 2 years worth of points IYKWIM but then it is Disney
SD
It's a good rationale, I do hope you're right

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
layregula
Getting Excited

Mobile

I hope not. I bought 100 thinking we could borrow and go for two weeks every other year. Bought in November, not went plan so far
😂
layregula is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Never even knew this was a thing! Could put a spanner in the works for 2021

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I'm wondering the same. For us Brits it affects us more, as US DVC members might very well go for a couple of nights, but we go for at least a week.

Can we still buy 1 time use points? If i borrow about 50% and buy the 24pts we'd be able to get what we want.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Can we still buy 1 time use points? If i borrow about 50% and buy the 24pts we'd be able to get what we want.
Yeah, I bought 17 this week to complete a booking.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yeah, I bought 17 this week to complete a booking.
Oh brilliant. Just need to hope RR or VGF are available at 7 months! 😊

Thanks
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Hopefully it won't be in place for too long. Seems a little contradictory that we can buy one time use points, but not borrow those points forward from our own contracts...

I do understand there have to be some restrictions to manage this horrible situation though, I wouldn't want to be the one setting the rules.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Old 29 Jun 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Don't quote me on this But i believe they had to make an exception for this years points as legally they can't have more points in the system than the system has at 100% capacity, by extending the Use of those points that's what they have created & then introduced the 50% rule to get those extra points used up first IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List