Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile How to decide a price-Star Wars Lego

Our ds21 has about 27 sets of Star Wars Lego. We have the boxes and I think the instructions for all of them. The largest are the sand crawler and the millennium falcon but how do you value them? Someone at my work has asked how much would he want for all of them.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would search eBay for the exact sets (use the number on the box) and look at how much they sold for. 27 sets is a lot, I wonder if the potential buyer plans to keep them or sell them on himself? Don’t forget about sentimental value either- I sold all of my Pokemon stuff a few years ago at a car boot when I needed some holiday money and I really regret it now! My partner still has all his old LEGO and other toys and plans to keep them!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

He sold all his Harry potter Lego about 5 years ago for spending money for two holidays, think he made about £300 then.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

LEGO is one of the rare items that can actually be worth more now than it was when it was new!

I would agree that looking on ebay is a good way to get an idea of prices. Search by the item number and discount any listing that are incomplete (some people list the main bricks only and sell the mini-figures separately).

You could also have a look at brickset.com to see what the original RRP would have been for the sets.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Star Wars Lego is sought after, top prices are paid for unopened sets, but if there complete with boxes, someone will have them, I sold the sandcrawler a few months back for £200, Facebook has a few Lego selling pages, a few dedicated to Star Wars
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely search eBay for sold/completed listing for a guide on prices.
If he has the original ucs millennium falcon then that alone could easily get about £2k
You could also go on bricklink, type in the set number and it will give a guide price for used sets.
They will be worth more with the box and instructions
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Definitely search eBay for sold/completed listing for a guide on prices.
If he has the original ucs millennium falcon then that alone could easily get about £2k
You could also go on bricklink, type in the set number and it will give a guide price for used sets.
They will be worth more with the box and instructions

The falcon has dropped a bit now, the new one is out and bigger, bit if you do have the 10179, don’t be getting rid of it cheap, it did sell brand new for thousands before the new one came out
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have sold several thousand pounds worth of Lego on eBay. When the boys were young, I used to advertise in the local papers for 'loose Lego'. When they had grown out of it, then I sold the sets, the obviously linked stuff and then the remainder by the kilo. I always started with low initial prices and never at any time gave an option of 'buy me now'.

As others have said, Lego fetches surprisingly high prices but in the case of sets, you have to be certain that that set is absolutely complete (or make it extremely clear that it is 'sold as seen'). Unless you are a real, total anorak and have an intricate knowledge, I would suggest that it is listed by set number , name and then put up plenty of images.

I had some really strange surprises.

I had about 12 feet of grey, Monorail track. When I listed it with a start of 99p, I was offered £15 within the hour. It checked out at £136.

I had one of the old Hogwarts that I had bought from a charity shop for £20. I got £145 without even the box or all the figures.

Loose figures, I built from odds and sods, put them on bases and sold by the dozen. I just used my imagination.

One thing I feel certain of is that I would never sell this Star Wars Lego or any other as a 'job lot' to a mate. I would even sooner break it down to weight and sell as loose. Imho the best and only way to sell it is by 26 sets, individually and on eBay.. plus what is left.

Postage is also an issue. Light weights are cheapest by Royal Mail. Anything heavier or dimensionally larger by Hermes. The prices and dimensions are easy to find, will guide you in your packaging and, in the case of any loose Lego, what weight lots you sell it in.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:05 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List