Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 18, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile Lego Bugatti

I know dh would love this for Christmas but I also know it is more expensive than what we would normally spend on each other.

Do you think this set would be considered as a collectors item? Also, if anyone happens to see an offer on it I would be grateful if you could share it here please

Thanks
Old 4 Nov 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Asda have it for £299. It’s £329 at Lego so about break even on vip points.
Collectors item? Who knows, the most expensive retired set is the original Milenium Falcon, then some of the bigger sets. And of course the early modular buildings cafe corner etc So yes it has the potential, but Lego have gotten wise to this and are either producing more quantity of sets or re-releasing sets. ie hTaj Mahal

Lego sets are worth the most, sealed and unopened. I suspect your husband would actually want to build this set

The retired sets that command the most money are those with brick of retired colours. (As people decide to buy all the bricks individually to make a set rather than pay inflated aftermarket prices.) Who knows when Lego will decide to change a colour or even re-release it. Sand green being a prime example
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

£304 with delivery at John Lewis.
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

£249.99 at Costco if you have a card
costco/Toys-Baby-C...Years/p/277677
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

We have a new Costo opening soon so I will definitely be taking a look in there.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
We have a new Costo opening soon so I will definitely be taking a look in there.
That's an online only deal
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you used the website/app hotukdeals? You can set it to notify you of keywords that show up as offers. Last month you could have got it off ebay for under £200.

An alternative could be to build it yourself. This wouldn't be as a present but to let him know you can buy parts as & when you want to make it.

The pdf of instructions are readily available online. You can buy individual bricks form sellers (I use bricklink) to make the things you want. I find it more fun this way. For the last couple of years I've been doing orders for bits to build 2 sets, the death star 2 & a star destroyer from star wars. I'm only using the money I save in my piggy bank so it's a slow but fun way to build rather than buying outright for higher price plus it helps build discontinued sets

Edited at 04:44 PM.
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List