Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Oct 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Glaciers & Glowtinis - Day 11 Sea day

Disclaimer - today was so relaxing I forgot to take many pics, so some of the food and cocktail pics you may have seen before 😳 I promise I made up for it on the next day 😂

I woke up reasonably early on my last full day aboard and decided to have a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room to get the day off to a good start, so I was in no rush to actually get up and ready, so it was around 9 by the time I left the stateroom. I had no intentions of continuing my hunt for the Caneletti restaurant so headed straight to Donatello – very easy to find and only a small queue waiting for a table.

I was very quickly seated and decided to switch my order around today – nothing too drastic, I still ordered the poached eggs on toast, but opted for sliced bananas first rather than the usual orange segments. I also ordered some tea and some juice to go with it. I’m pleased to report that breakfast was just as nice on this ship as the previous one and I thoroughly made the most of it as I knew I would not have time to come back in the morning as I wanted to be off the ship as early as possible.

I’m afraid today will be a very boring read as I really didn’t do very much! I headed to the sun deck with my kindle and set up camp for most of the day – I also had my iPhone as I wanted to catch up with family after missing the previous day, but when I went to log into the Wi-Fi it was still not working!

I was seriously annoyed by this time, I had paid for a package of minutes and had only used around 15 of them, and I was getting off the ship tomorrow, so made a mental note to head back to the internet café later in the day to see what I could do.

I spent the morning relaxing with my book, consuming ice cream and drinking the odd cocktail or two before I decided to have 1 last attempt to log in to the Wi-Fi. It still wasn’t working, so I decided to head to the internet café to sort out and then pick up a latte and a snack as breakfast was starting to feel like some time ago by now!

I got to the internet café and joined the queue of people who were not happy with the Wi-Fi situation, and was overhearing some of the conversations – they were assured it would be resolved by 3pm at the latest, and that any minutes would be carried over to the next leg of the cruise. (the ship was heading to the Panama Canal following it’s stop in San Francisco). This seemed to appease most people, but wasn’t a lot of use to me – I wasn’t staying onboard for the next leg, and by 3pm most of my family and friends would be in bed – there was an 8 hour time difference! I explained this to the guy fielding all the queries, and he very reluctantly agreed to give me a refund of the package. He took my details and I made a note to check my account to ensure it had been removed (it was )

I then headed to the general shop to buy a fridge magnet from the Golden Princess and couldn’t resist adding a tube of pringles while I was there!

I wandered over to the café to but a latte and headed back up on deck to continue my chilling – pringles, kindle and movies on iPad were my afternoon’s entertainment!

At around 7pm I headed back to my stateroom to see what the arrangements were for disembarkation the following day – I was really surprised to find that we all had to take our own luggage ashore with us – I’ve never seen this be mandatory before, although always offered as an option!

I hadn’t really unpacked very much as it was such a short stay, so I packed up what needed to be packed and debated what I fancied doing with my last evening onboard. They were showing the British Invasion show in the theatre (which I had already seen!) so I decided to skip it and spend my time with a movie on my iPad – I also couldn’t face the idea of a further scavenger hunt to find the dining room, so headed up to the buffet to get something to eat. I was being really picky, but nothing really took my fancy, so I picked up a couple of lemon zest cookies and headed to the pizzeria for a couple of slices. The pizza was as delicious as always, but the cookies were amazing! They were so good, I decided to head back in to the buffet and get some more for later!

I headed back to the cabin via the café to collect a latte, and while there I heard the musicians playing in the atrium – there were only 2 of them, a lady with a violin and a lady with a cello, but they were fantastic! I could have listened to them for ages, but they packed up after an hour sadly – they had a real mix of music they were playing, but their rendition of Titanium was fantastic! I was sad when they had finished, but it felt like a perfect way to end the cruise, so I headed back to my room with my cookies and packed up the rest of my things ready for an early start.

It was at this point I was gutted to realise I couldn’t find my Tiffany bracelet – remember how well I thought I had checked my stateroom on the Coral Princess – I now realised my bracelet was carefully left on my bedside cabinet so that I wouldn’t forget it 😢

I resolved to contact the lost property team as soon as I had access to wife, and then decided I couldn’t let this spoil what was left of my trip so tried to put it out of my head until I could do something about it.

I then headed to bed with my kindle and the lemon zest cookies to enjoy my last sleep onboard - tomorrow I would be arriving in San Francisco 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I thought that magnet said Golden Pringles
Hope you got your bracelet back eventually!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A perfect sea day!

I hope you managed to get reunited with your bracelet...
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Im really sorry about your bracelet Melanie, you must have been gutted. i hope it got found and returned to you. Well done for getting your wifi package refunded. I used to hate sea days, but now I love them, a chance to really unwind and relax - the cookies sound delicious 😋

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
A perfect sea day!

I hope you managed to get reunited with your bracelet...
Thank you - bracelet is still under investigation sadly - it can take up to 60 days

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Oh what a shame about the bracelet - fingers crossed it will show up.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Gutted for you about the bracelet.

Great that you got a refund for the lack of wifi, love the food options on board and those cookies sound fab.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

A lovely relaxing day. Such a shame about your bracelet and I really hope you get it back.
Old 25 Mar 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
do hope you get your bracelet back
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List