Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Pops & lego!

Feeling a bit down today, so I finally finished off the lego diner which I started in December... oops. Here’s my little nicknack room.

Here you can see from the lego creator range: the diner, pet shop & Parisian restaurant. Oh, and Hogwarts.

On the other side we have the old fishing shop & Jurassic world.

And some pops thrown in for good measure.

Feel free to share your collection!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

I only keep one model built, my WALL-E on my Disney movie shelf.

All my other Lego I tend to take apart and put back in storage boxes as it usually gets too dusty staying out!

I do like the creator range though. Did you know if you have the Disney castle there is an alternative build using just that set and a new baseplate and some windows to make a modular costume shop of the same scale as the others in the range?

I think I'll give that a go after I get round to doing the castle!

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Wow, Mrs_O, you are the Disney collector of the year i think.

We have WALL.E, love it. Great idea to have an alternative build for the castle. Where did you find it?

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shopperholic View Post
Great idea to have an alternative build for the castle. Where did you find it?
I use a site called rebrickable. You can enter the set numbers you have, and if you have the time any spare pieces, and the site will give you alternate sets you can make out of what you have. Sometimes you have to pay for building instructions if someone else has spent time working out the model and designing the instructions, but overall it's a relatively cheap way to get a bit more life out of what Lego you already have.

stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would love to get the Disney castle, I love that alternative build! Would fit so well with the creator stuff. I’ve run out of room in my study but I’m hoping that when we redo our living room that the perfect place for a massive Disney castle will appear!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Thanks - want it even more now ... hmm how to persuade my other half that I need this!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
I would love to get the Disney castle, I love that alternative build! Would fit so well with the creator stuff. I’ve run out of room in my study but I’m hoping that when we redo our living room that the perfect place for a massive Disney castle will appear!
Tell me about the room issue, I've had the castle sitting in it's box since it came out in advance for Lego VIP members, but I still haven't built it I'm just trying to figure out where to put it if I do build it.

Old 29 Apr 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

This is our castle on a small ikea table next to the fire in our lounge.

Smax had to demolish his Millenium Falcon model as no space for it long term.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List