Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile Lego display

Has anyone any advice / tips on Lego displays please?

I have a fully built Disney castle, plus would like to get Jurassic park set and more...

Thanks in advance
Old 18 Jun 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

This won't be that much help, but the only thing I would say is spend the money on display cases, the amount of dust that lego seems to attract is crazy! I suppose a display cabinet would semi-work but they could still get dusty. I imagine there are companies out there that can make simple 5 sided clear plastic cases you can put over the sets

I just tend to display smaller sets one at a time on a shelving unit. I have the disney castle still to do but I also can't figure out what to do with it when it's built

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have splashed out - both on the Hogwarts lego set and the case to display it in. We had the set on the sideboard but it got very dusty and we had to carefully remove the dust and it is much nicer in the case.

Was from idisplayit.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

I don't think they make enough display cases for me 🤣
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

here's our Hogwarts...

WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We have clear cases for a couple of ours including the Disney castle from idisplayit.co.uk. Really recommend them!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post

We have clear cases for a couple of ours including the Disney castle from idisplayit.co.uk. Really recommend them!
Looking at the cases now... but even the likes of the Disney one is over 100... unless I am looking in the wrong place.
Old 26 Jun 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Looking at the cases now... but even the likes of the Disney one is over 100... unless I am looking in the wrong place.

That’s sounds right, I’ve had my 2 cases for a while now and the castle one was about £90. I was happy to pay it as I knew I wanted those 2 sets out permanently, they fit perfectly and the biggest plus point is no annoying dusting!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They are expensive cases but so worth it. Easy to put together, easy to run a duster over the top.

Hogwarts one was £120, but has been worth it in the "oh, X*$%^ I knocked a turret down the back of the sideboard again" stakes...
Old 26 Jun 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have my Hogwarts castle and Disney castle on ikea lack shelves in the living room. Yes they do collect dust but I just make sure I go over them regularly with a makeup brush and it all comes off. I keep meaning to buy a little vacuum attachment.
I have all of the modular buildings too, they are on the same type shelves in our bedroom.
The display cases are nice but I like having them out.
Whatever you do make sure they aren’t in direct light.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List